1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photoreal Indianapolis 2005

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by gregsoldo, 6/11/04.

1. gregsoldo

gregsoldo

Hi guys, here I want to show you all my big project which depicts photorealistically (aerial images) the city of Indianapolis, IN and sorroundings in a 100% trying to make it as close as possible to the real thing here are a few details:
    -Photoreal coverage of an area of around 4000sq kms
    -Winter season and night textures of the terrain (also photoreal)
    -Indianapolis International airport KIND which includes
    -All of its terminal, hangars and sorrounding buildings trying to get a resemblance as close as it gets to reality
    -Terminal service dynamic vehicles (fuel truck, administration car, baggage carts, etc), called by NAV freq
    -Active jetways, activated by NAV freq.
    -Static and Dynamic scenery around the whole airport area
    -Bridges, famous landmarks (including the famouns speedway) and all the skyscrapers of the town
    -The metro area which includes towns like Shelbyville, Noblesville, Greenwood etc.
    -Autogen scenery

So, this is the first time in many years that a scenery is done for this area and the fist time that a project of these dimensions has been carried out. I thought it was just unfair to fly over this area and not find anything.

The completed percentage of the project is currently of 83% expecting to have it completed in about a month. There are left the vegetion, the famous landmarks and buildings and the autogen scenery.

I´d also like to thank to people like Arno (without his suggestions many things could not have been done ever), nick and his great gates tutorials, the people of this forum and many others of different forums.

More pictures to come soon
    Thanks
    gregsoldo

Attached Files:

• f1.jpg
      f1.jpg
      File size:
      66.5 KB
      Views:
    • f2.jpg
      f2.jpg
      File size:
      79.1 KB
      Views:
    • f3.jpg
      f3.jpg
      File size:
      67.3 KB
      Views:
    • f4.jpg
      f4.jpg
      File size:
      82 KB
      Views:
    • f6.jpg
      f6.jpg
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Views:
  2. jorritvandommelen

jorritvandommelen

Looks really good! I was wondering where did you get all those pictures, were they free?
    There is one disadvantage of aerial pictures, in my opinion: When you are flying low, you can mostly see that the resolution in Flight Sim is not very high. But from high altitude it looks really good and realistic.
    How are the framerates affected with suchs scenery?
  3. gregsoldo

gregsoldo

It works great on my system

Yes indeed, but as with any kinda texture, since the default ones don´t look well fron lower altitudes. In my case from 2000 ft and above this scenery looks like indy in real life. Nonetheless I'll add more than 100 real buildings and skyscrapers (currently working on the famous speedway home of Indy500 and brickyard 400), also it´ll include autogen scenery so as you don´t loose realism.

As for the frame rates I´m working with a PIV 1800 512DDR MSI GeForce4 MX 460 64MB (not a last generation machine as you can see) and I get a very good performance, even with all the screen sliders maxed out, since I love to get the best representation as feasible.

Soon I´ll post more pictures, and now of the KIND airport.
  4. gregsoldo

gregsoldo

Indianapolis 2005

Hi people, here go a few more pictures of my upcoming Indianapolis 2005 scenery that I want to share with you. Hope to enjoy them.

Attached Files:

• f7.jpg
      f7.jpg
      File size:
      77.2 KB
      Views:
    • f8.jpg
      f8.jpg
      File size:
      46.2 KB
      Views:
    • f9.jpg