1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Placing Aerial Images "Need Someone"

Discussion in 'Airport Design General' started by sydney2006, 5/7/07.

1. sydney2006

sydney2006

australia
    Hello Everyone,

I'm currently looking for someone whom knows how to place an aerial photo into Fs2004 while keeping the AFCAD taxiways and runways visable.

If you know how to do thi please contact me via PM, as I really need help.

I'm more then willing to pay for this to be done.

Thanks

Aaron

P.S. This will be for Sydney Australia YSSY
    Last edited: 5/7/07
  2. sydney2006

sydney2006

australia
    Hi Everyone,

Just another thought, this could also be done an easier way, first make the base in Gmax then put the aerial over the top. As you would use alpha to cut the water, you could use alpha to cut out the runway or tawiways for that matter. What do you think? Is somone willing to make the object in Gmax? I can do the texture work.

Once again you would be paid for your work, but the object must fit the airport.

Thanks

Aaron
  3. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Aaron,

If you want the AFCAD/XML scenery to show on top of your photo, it is easiest to place it with the resample tool from the SDK. The only downside of this method is that you are limited to a resolution of 4.8 meters per pixel.

Doing it in GMax with the alpha as you describe, would be possible. But I think it would be a lot of work to align the AFCAD and the alpha channel properly. So I would not prefer that method myself.
  4. MZBS

MZBS

spain
    I've now the resample tool but i dont know how to do it work I mean i dont know what i have to do with that program... I've a .bgl file with the photoreal texture in the correct position and also another .bgl file with the afcad...

So how to put the afcad file above the texture?

Thanks.
  5. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

If you have already produced a BGL with resample and another with AFCAD, then they should appear just fine if you load them in FS.

Or do you mean that the BGL with the photo texture has been produced differently (not with resample)?