1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Placing trees

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by reimon, 21/10/06.

1. reimon

reimon

argentina
    Requesting for help again

Hi all forum members.
    Here I am again, requesting for your advice. Well I'm still with this delayed project of Necochea airfield in Argentina.
    The fact is that the project is almost finished. I finally animated the hangar doors and used VTP polys for the ground to look nicer.
    But there's still one thing I have problems with, the trees. I added trees with Rwy12 and I can see them in my computer but some friends that had tested the scenery told me that they couldn't see the trees. I understand that a library-object BGL must be included inside the Scenery directory, so that is what I've done. But the problem is still there.
    What can you advice me?
    Which are the most suitable trees to add to a scenery?

Thanks for your time!
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

The users would have to install the same libraries as you did. In general it is not adviced to copy them into your local scenery folder as well, as you don't want them on duplicate locations.

Which library from Rwy12 are you using?
  3. reimon

reimon

argentina
    Hi Arno, thanks for your reply.

The library I'm using is "Seev Kahn Trees" (the BGL library file is 'add_SeevKahn_Trees.BGL').
    The fact is that I don't have the BGL file neither in my local scenery folder nor any other scenery folder, but despite this I can see the trees. However, other people cannot. I included the BGL-library in the zip so as to see if the flaw is solved but they still cannot see the objects.
    Is there any method to install the library which I haven't done yet?
    Otherwise, which is the best method to include trees on a scenery?

Thanks for your time.
  4. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

If you have installed the Rwy12 libraries as they should be, all the library BGL files are probably in a seperate scenery folder. That why you only have to install them once and all other sceneries can then use them.

If the library itself is installed on the system of the other people, it could also be that they are missing the texture. It is probably best to ask them to download and install the complete Rwy12 library package.

I also use a library when I want to place trees, I have made my own (which is also in the Rwy12 collection btw). So this way of placing them should work fine.
  5. reimon

reimon

argentina
    All right. So I have to include in the ZIP file, independently from my local scenery folder, Scenery and Texture folders including library files for all the people to be able to see the trees?
    Is it possible to include default FS trees in a scenery independently from terrain? Or only with autogen is that possible?

Thanks for your patience.
  6. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

No, you should not include those libraries in your ZIP file. You should ask people to download and install them in your readme (a lot of users will already have the Rwy12 libraries as they are often used for example).

The default trees are hardcoded somewhere in the scenery engine, that means that you can not call them as library objects. On autogen creates them. That is why I made my library using the default tree texture, to make trees I can place that look like the autogen ones.
  7. reimon

reimon

argentina
    Great, thanks Arno.
    Then, the scenery is almost completed. I'll post the link when it is online.

I bid you a good day from Argentina.
  8. reimon

reimon

argentina