1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Platforms for FSX?

Discussion in '3D Objects General' started by jdhaenens, 7/11/06.

1. jdhaenens

jdhaenens

unitedstates
    Finally got around to placing some FS 2004 .mdl/.xml based aircraft Carriers in FSX and everything else seems to work, but the GMAX generated platform. (That old sinking feeling is back.)

I recall a thread that said that this was a problem in the beta, but thought it would be fixed in the release (wishful thinking?). Has anyone figured a work around for this?

JimD

...Never mind...I guess we're all waiting for the GMAX gamepack so we can go back and redo all our platforms. Although a quick tool that would turn an FS9 platform into an FSX platform would be nice.
    Last edited: 7/11/06
  2. knnygar

knnygar

norway
    You could download the demo of 3DStudio and use that SDK.
  3. José Bourgoignie

José Bourgoignie

belgium
    Hi,

May I ask... are the textures of these aircraft carriers normal ? I used the API Nimitz (from fs-shipyards) and some textures are dark.

Greetz. José.
  4. jdhaenens

jdhaenens

unitedstates
    The carrier has a dark deck, but that is all. I went with Javier Fernandez' original textures and hull that were for FSDS2, imported it into FSDS3, cleaned it up and put some animation in (radar)...and bgl lighting..and operating blast shields...more flags, rules of the road lighting and day shapes...etc. Oh...and the platform that doesn't work now. If you'd like a set of textures, just private message me with your email address.

JimD
    Last edited: 15/4/07