1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Select a Valid User Library File

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by gadgets, 2/1/06.

1. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    I just started using ObjPlacer XML 0.81.0.28. When I attempt to select a new user library I get the subject error message "Please select a valid user library file". However, after clearing the error message, the selected library appears under Avalable objects/User library objects and I am able to place objects from the newly selected library. The library I am trying to access was originally developed for EZ Scenery.

Any thoughts?
    Don
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Don,

You get this error when the XML loader failed to load the XML file. This could for example be because it is not a valid XML file or because some other application still has it open (and locked for use).
  3. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    But, it is a valid file and, as noted earlier, it is added to the user library list as if the error had not occurred and I am able to place objects from it. It seems the error message should not have been given.

Today, when I tried to use ObjPlacer, a similar (but different) error message was issued five times immmediately upon loading the program - before I had a chance to attempt to add a user library. I recall today's error message was "Must select a valid user library" - or something quite similar.

Is it possible there's been some sort of file corruption?

Don
  4. arno

netherlands
    Hi Don,

That is weird. Can you maybe sent me your XML file? Then I can see if it also happens here at my PC.
  5. arno

netherlands
    Hi Don,

Thanks for emailing the file. I tried it here on my PC and I do indeed get the same error. But here it does not appear in the list afterwards (as I had expected, might be that that is something I have already fixed in my development version here).

After I had removed the spaces from your folder names, it seemed to work fine. So I think the XML parser does not like them for some reason. I'll try to figure out why.