1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porting an FSUIPC program to SimConnect

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by Simon853, 22/1/08.

1. Simon853

Simon853

Hi,
    I've written a program using FSUIPC that uses offsets 310A to disable joystick inputs to the sim, reads actual input axis positions with 3328, etc. and then writes them back into 0BB2, etc.

Is this sort of behaviour possible with SimConnect? I've got no experience with it, and I'd like to establish that what I want to do is possible before I start porting my program.

Thanks,

Si
  2. Pete Dowson

Pete Dowson

unitedkingdom
    Yes of course. FSUIPC4 itself uses SimConnect to do it!

Regards

Pete
  3. Simon853

Simon853

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure since the Offsets Status pdf in your SDK lists 310A as internal to FSUIPC, so I was concerned that perhaps you were intercepting the Windows joystick driver and allowing modification of the values before the joystick data gets to FSX.

Si
  4. Pete Dowson

Pete Dowson

unitedkingdom
    Yes, of course, it is. SimConnect doesn't offer a bit-mapped "disconnect this axis" facility which I simply map to 310A. The 310A facility is purely an FSUIPC mechanism for use by FSUIPC clients.

Just as all the other complicated shenanigans FSUIPC has to get up to to maintain the illusion shown in documents like the Offsets Status, you have to intercept, block, change and re-transmit events as you wish to accomplish your task.

Nothing in FSUIPC's documents is as simple internally as it is made to look, you know! ;-)

Regards

Pete