1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably a dumb question...

Discussion in 'Ground2k4, SBuilder, SBuilderX' started by Dakota Smith, 22/3/07.

1. Dakota Smith

Dakota Smith

unitedstates
    I need to know how to make a Landable Ground Surface in FS on what was originally water...

Ive been trying to do this in Sbuilder, but whenever I get it in Flight Sim, I see the textures, but I my plane sinks like there is no ground there at all. :confused:

I need to make it to where It is a hard surface like any other default FS ground...
    I know its possible... somehow, but I have no idea. :confused:

Sorry if this is a dumb question...

Regards
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    How are you trying to do it? Change the surface to land?
  3. Dakota Smith

Dakota Smith

unitedstates
    Yeah, I think I have only the landclass textures added or something, so I fall right through and I sink into the water, so I would need to change the Poly to land or something, I just don't know how. :confused:

You can tell I'm a noob at this program, lol...

Regards
  4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    I don't have SBuilder running at the moment and it is a while since I used it. As I recall you need to use the LWM (Land Water Mask) Option to create land over the water. Unless the water is just a small lake or something.

The guys who could answer the question very quickly are over at www.fs-freeflow.com. Scott et al did the Freeflow series and are the best on using SBuilder to modify land, water, coastlines etc. Check them out in the forum there