• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Problem SBCF runway

Country
brazil
I have a problem.
The SBCF airport has 16/34 runways. Only rwy 16 has ILS. In database of the airport, there are only two approaches: RNAV16 and RNAV34.
I configurated the weather for: IMC condictions with 340° / 23 knots of wind.
The ATC always give me RNAV16 approache, same that the correct is RNAV34, because of the heading wind.
What is the solution for this?

You did not say FS9, FSX or P3D

The stock SBCF in all Flight Sims has a ILS with approach data. You say there are only 2 approaches which are RNAV's

The stock SBFC does not have any RNAV approaches. Did you use the Approach Mode Editor to add these approaches?

Are you using a 3rd party weather engine or the FS default. The FS default weather is the last setting to update when loading the airport. sometimes ATC gives the approach to a runway then a few miinutes later the weather engine updates and the runway changes.

It may take more then 23 kts of wind to flip the runway. The time for the weather engine to change the wind direction can be slow based on your slider setting in the Rate at which weather changes over time. When testing the slider should be set to Extreme.

Country
brazil
Hi jvile.

Ok. Follow some considerations:

1 - I´m using FSX.
2 - I used ADE to criate RNAVs approaches to SBCF and also, I deleted ILS approache of the rwn 16. I want only RNAVs approaches (because these depend of the weather).
3 - I´m using weather engine: FS Global Real Time.

Really, the SBCF have ILS in stock data that doesn´t can beem removed. I tryed create a ILS approach in rwy 34, but same with 32 knots of wind and 340° heading, the ATC only get runway 16 to landing and take-off.

I dont know what to do...

1 - I´m using FSX.

Ok thanks for that

2 - I used ADE to criate RNAVs approaches to SBCF and also, I deleted ILS approache of the rwn 16. I want only RNAVs approaches (because these depend of the weather).

All approaches use the weather. It is based on a priority order set by FS.

The ILS has the highest priority over all approaches and is also the only approach that ATC uses for both VMC and IMC weather. The following post (read my second entry) explains the order of weather approaches and RNAV is 3rd on the list. When you delete ILS approahes you also change the score coding of how runways are selected for takeoff and landing based on many factors.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...gtype-definitions-and-attached-picture.13751/

3 - I´m using weather engine: FS Global Real Time.

I am not familiar with FS global Real Time and at what point (after FSX starts) it activates the winds for ATC. I would suggest to turn off your weather engine and set the winds manually in FSX as a test with the slider Rate at which weather changes over time set to extreme. Position yourself so you can see a windsock which will tell you when the winds are favoring RWY 34.

Once the winds are minimum 24 Kts at 340 increase the speed of FS to x8 and then back to normal. This will purge out all AI Planes and reset them for runway 34.

Country
brazil
jvile, I did all like you said me, but not works...

It´s possible to see windsock heading 340°, but the landing and takeoff runways is 16.

I don´t know that is happing here. The ATC doesn´t take the wind heading for this airport.:(

Do you have any other idea?

jvile, I did all like you said me, but not works...

It´s possible to see windsock heading 340°, but the landing and takeoff runways is 16.

I don´t know that is happing here. The ATC doesn´t take the wind heading for this airport.:(

Do you have any other idea?

Both runways work using the stock airport. I loaded the stock FSX SBCF with winds 340 at 8kts. ATC directed all traffic to use the visual runway 34 in clear weather.

Since I cannot replicate what you see I would have to have your .ad4 project file and load it into my FSX and see what runways are used.

Country
brazil
Problem is solved!!! :)

The runway 34 (secondary) was disabled for takeoff and landing in setup pattern.

Now, it is correct and working!!!

I am using a third part scenery and not the default.

Thank you for your help. ;)