1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem using AI flight planner V1.6.35

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by hmklee13, 7/8/10.

1. hmklee13

hmklee13

myanmar
    Hi everyone,

I've created the flight plan using AI flight planner v1.6.35 for my FSX. If I compile the files to FSX version the AI aircraft doesn't appear so I had to compile to a FS9 version to add in my FS. But that's not a problem. The aircraft appear and It seems to be fine but in some flight plan I dun know why the day I entered in the flight plan is wrong in FS? But some seems right. For e.x The flight plan for sunday is saturday. And another thing is, it departures after 10mins from the flight plan. For e.x... I've entered the departure time for 07:00 UTC but the aircraft departure at 07:10 UTC. I'm really really confused. :confused:

Hope somebody can help me.
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    The FS9/FSX problem is a well-known "feature" of FSX. Please read the sticky and/or the revevant sections of the manual for further detail.

The day-encoding schemes for FS9 and FSX are different. AIFP always uses the scheme for FS9 and adjusts at compile-time for FSX. In this case, you loaded a compiled-for-FS9 flight plan into FSX, so you've got the FS9 encoding scheme. If you've got other compiled-for_FS9 flight plans active, (which you appear to have) these is not the only flightplans that operate on the wrong day.

If you entered 0700 into AIFP, then that's what the compiler will "tell" FSX. AIFP can't do more than that. If you think the problem lies with AIFP, decompile the flight plan and see if it still says 07:00 +- 1 minute. If it doesn't, please send me both the flight plan text file and the traffic file.

Don
  3. hmklee13

hmklee13

myanmar
  4. hmklee13

hmklee13

myanmar
    Hello,

I found another problem. The ATC told my AI plane to hold position but there is no traffics near my AI plane and later the AI plane disappear. This happen before departure and also before going to the gate after landing. Is that cuz there is an error in my flight plan or cuz of the AI model.
  5. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    I don't see any legs with a depature time of 0700. If you want me to check something, please tell me what to look for, i.e., identfy which particular leg is faulty and what to look for. BTW, I trust you understand that departure time is the time to start engines (actually, that's not true, but it's close enough), not the time to take-off.

ATC operation is totally internal to FSX. AIFP simply tells FSX when and where planes should show up. I have no way of knowing why ATC told your AI to hold. But, if its still holding about 20 minutes after departure time, it will disappear. (That's how both FS9 and FSX work. If an AI hasn't departed within about 20 minutes of scheduled departure time, they are discarded.)

Don
  6. hmklee13

hmklee13

myanmar
    Hello again,

I just gave an example that departure time is 0700. Actually I gave the departure time of Flight 331 as 12:22 (UTC) but the AI aircraft requests IFR clearance at about 12:31 or 12:32. The departure time I refer was the time the aircraft leave the gate or parking. Not the take-off time.

I just compiled another flight plan, which is the ready made one that I downloaded from avsim and compiled using AI flight Planner and for that it worked fine. For e.x in the flight plan, departure time says 17:04 and the AI aircraft request clearance from ATC at 17:04 or 17:05. So we can say that is quite actual. And the days are also correct too. e.x Sunday=0, Monday=1.....Saturday=6.

I think I made something wrong when I create my own one. Another question is can I correct the days using AI Flight Planner and when I open other AI flight plan it ask me "Day-encoding scheme of file is not specified. Is day-encoding 0=Sunday, 1=Monday,... 6+Saturday?" Should I choose yes or no to work in FSX?

Thank you for answering me.....:)
  7. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    I have no idea why clearance (and departure) is delayed by 10 minutes. I can think of nothing in AIFP that would cause it. FSX is not perfect.

The system is aking you what day-encoding scheme is used in the file you are loading. If you answer yes, then AIFp will leave the day-encoding uncghanged. if you answer not, it wil adjust the day encoding (of the file being loaded). AIFP itself always works with FS9 day encoding, i.e., 0 = Sunday.

There's an item in the flight plan menu to do this.
  8. rfields

rfields

us-arkansas
    If you are using FSX - the time you enter for departure is when the departure process starts.

Do you have GATE parking with a baggage cart, baggage loader and a push back tug at your parking spot? Is your AI aircraft setup to use the jetway and the baggage loader?

If so at your departure time, that pre-flight stage starts and the baggage loader move to attach to the aircraft, baggage cart move out, baggage cart move back and baggage loader move back will take close to 10 minutes.

Do you have fuel trucks on your airport? How many and how widely spaced?

The fuel truck parking closest to your aircraft will be assigned to 'fuel' your AI aircraft. At many of the default airports, your AI aircraft could be 10th, or 20th in the fueling order - meaning it will be 50 to 100 minutes before your aircraft gets fueled.

Only after the pre-flight phase is completed with the baggage loaders and the fuel truck will FSX move to the Clearance phase.

I sometimes wonder if the way those new elements were added in FSX wasn't done to remind us that FS is not designed to closely simulate real world airline operations.
  9. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    Thanks, Reggie.
    Don
  10. bnc

bnc

france
    aifp work screen layout and size

This is my first post...so I apologise for
    anything and everything in advance !
    I have just aquired aifp 1.6.35 to use with a new FSX and an 'original' FS9 on a new system with Win7 on a wide screen.
    The resolution for this is 1920 x 1080.
    My problem is that my aifp.exe display screen has about an inch of the content missing on the right and bottom. No sliders, and a fixed frame.
    I suspected the resolution because FS9 and FSX have totally different text sizes but with Win7 I changed the size but it didn't change anything.
    Could someone explain please ?
  11. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    bnc, it sounds like you are running at 600x800 resolution - even though your display is capable of much higher resolution.

Don
  12. bnc

bnc

france
    Thanks Don....Win7 is totally new to me as is aifp but I did go into the control and, as previously, the resolution panel showed as 1920 x 1080. This had actually created itself, when I first switched on the new system when I got it, but to see if anything would happen I changed it one step back on the list....I think it was 1680 .....then tried aifp again. But, no different......so here we are I came to you ::) how can I check for 800 ?
    thanks bnc.
  13. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    AIFP "knows nothing" about display resolution. If the panels won't fit on-screen with lots to spare, that suggests a screen resolution problem. That's about all I can tell from thios distance.

Don
  14. robystar

robystar

Hi Don,

Maybe it is this (see screenshot) what he means.
    You cannot stretch it to include more of the e.g. flightplan list a.o.
    Last edited: 17/3/11
  15. bnc

bnc

france
    This is what I see of aifp.....but I do have other panels the same font size as your screenshot.
    Aifp 1.jpg
  16. gadgets

ca-britishcolumbia
    If your display resolution is, in fact, set as you say, perhaps it's your font size selection that is causing the problem.

In any case, this is a Windows display problem. It has nothing to do with AIFP other than, of course, it's a dialog generated by AIFP that is being displayed. As I said before AIFP "knows nothing about display resolution" or other Windows display control parameters.

I suggest you experiment with the various Display-related functions available under Control Panel.

Don
  17. bnc

bnc

france
    Thanks Don.....and robystar....
    My font size has been monkeyed with because I find this new set up somewhat of a nuisance,visually, compared to my old FS9, 19" screen, and WinXP. My main problem is that I have not yet learned how to handle it all.....but now I will go back to the font and see if I can get aifp screen as I now know it can be.
    Thanks again guys...
    bnc.
  18. bnc

bnc

france
    I reduced the type to 170% from 190 and this is the new screenshot. I think I might get to like this Win7 !!

thanks again......but I'm sure to be back.

aifp.jpg
  19. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    I don't understand your problem. In W7, my screen resolution is 1920 x 1200 and this is what I see with AIFP. Note. the pic has been resized down to 1000 width:

[​IMG]
  20. bnc

bnc

france
    Hi george, thanks for your input.....
    Your screenshot illustrates my problem in detail. The general font size is not large enough for me, unfortunately, so I changed it initially to 190%. From the advice given here.. I made a number of small changes backwards and each one changed the aifp panel content until all the content was showing within the panel. So, my initial problem was definately caused by me changing the default font size......or at least it seems so ! Actually, later, I had to reduce it further because the lines of flightplans on the left were running into each other and not readable. Now, the whole panel is crystal clear as in your screenshot.
    Cheers
    bnc.