1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with animation (FSX)

Discussion in 'Modeling' started by VulcanB2, 11/12/07.

1. VulcanB2

VulcanB2

unitedkingdom
    [RESOLVED] Problem with animation (FSX)

Hi,

I'm attempting to articulate a yoke that moves fore/aft at the bottom, and left/right at the middle (Concorde-style).

The problem is that it all moves fore/aft properly, but the left/right animation doesn't work (it is stuck at frame 0).

What do I need to do to link the "upper" (left/right) animation to the "lower" animation (fore/aft)?

I made a group out of the upper part, and linked it to a dummy that had the animation. I then linked this dummy to the lower dummy that had the other animation.

Best regards,
    Robin.
    Last edited: 11/12/07
  2. VulcanB2

VulcanB2

unitedkingdom
    GOT IT!!

I forgot the groups, and just created two dummies. One was fore/aft, the other was left/right. I animated them first.

After I animated them, I linked the roll to the left/right box, then linked all of that to the dummy for fore/aft.

Best regards,
    Robin.
  3. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    Please do yourself a HUGE favor and forget that the "Group" button even exists...

The reason why will only become obvious once you've decided to "UnGroup" some collection of parts, and then discover that you've introduced the dread "OBED Scaling Error" into your project. When "UnGrouping," frequently the parts will have a scaling error induced by a poor rounding algorithim.

IOW, something that should have been - say - 1.0 will suddenly be 0.99999999999999997 instead...

Getting rid of an OBED Scaling Error is a royal PITA. Best not to create one to begin with... :scratchch
  4. VulcanB2

VulcanB2

unitedkingdom
    Hmmmm.... I'll avoid that then!!! :D Thanks!

Best regards,
    Robin.