1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with XtoMDL

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by daga, 16/1/07.

1. daga

daga

spain
    Hi all,

Another problem with XtoMdl. I have the shorcut created and use "SEND TO" to create new MDL, and XML.....but... I have the following problem.

Found dictionary file: FSX\modeldef.xml
    OutputFile: C:\FSX Tools\pda.MDL
    Output file after modification: C:\FSX Tools\pda.MDL
    Creating output MDL file: C:\FSX Tools\pda.MDL
    (0): error : XToMdl.exe Unhandled Application Exception
    (0): error : System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'M
    icrosoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad
    364e35' or one of its dependencies. El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado.

translation: "The system cannot find the specified file"

(0): error : File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could no
    t load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. El sistema no pued
    e hallar el archivo especificado.
    (0): error : File name: 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
    (0): error :
    (0): error : WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    (0): error : To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value LM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    (0): error : Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bi
    nd failure logging.
    (0): error : To turn this feature off, remove the registry value Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
    (0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.ModelFile..ctor(String sz
    Name)
    (0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.FileListLoader.LoadAllFiles(
    String szBaseFilename)
    (0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.ProcessInputs()
    (0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.RealMain(String[] arg
    s)
    (0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.Main(String[] args)
    (0): error : Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.290
    2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencie
    s. El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado.
    (0): error : Stack Trace:
    (0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToXmlLib.ModelFile..ctor(String sz
    Name)
    (0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.FileListLoader.LoadAllFiles(
    String szBaseFilename)
    (0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.ProcessInputs()
    (0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.RealMain(String[] arg
    s)
    (0): error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XToMDL.XToMDL.Main(String[] args)

C:\>

Somebody have solution?:confused: :confused:

thanks

David
  2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    The error looks like it is related to DirectX - have you gotten the latest version of the DirectX SDK installed?
  3. daga

daga

spain
    Hi scruffyduck

Thanks!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

DirectX was the trouble.

I have a new problem, but i think that the solution is in any post. I looking for it

Found dictionary file: FSX\modeldef.xml
    OutputFile: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\Models FSX\pda.MD
    L
    Output file after modification: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritor
    io\Models FSX\pda.MDL
    Creating output MDL file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\Mod
    els FSX\pda.MDL
    CRASHTREE no granularity specified
    CRASHTREE completed in 00:00:00.0156250
    Usage: XToMDL.exe /KEEP /NOGUI /BATCH /NOCRASH /BMP2DDS /XMLSAMPLE /XANIM /DICT:
    DictFileName /OUT:OutfileName Filename.X

C:\>

Thank you again.

David

[​IMG]
  4. crashaz

crashaz

us-texas
    Latest version of the DX SDK is the November 2007 correct?
  5. Marginal

Marginal

unitedkingdom
    That looks wrong. Enclose the full path of the modeldef file in quotes. eg:
    Code:
    /dict:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Modeling SDK\bin\modeldef.xml"
  6. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    I think the SDK is not required, it is just needed to have the latest DirectX version installed (9.0c if I remember correct).
  7. DJM

DJM

I get virtually the same error when I try to output to MDL. I used dxdiag.exe on Windows 8.1 and it says I have DirectX 11 installed. Some other software forums seem to indicate there are some DLLs missing from the install that are needed. I can install the DirectX SDK but it talks about upgrades to 9c and is 578mb. I'm not doing that I don't think.

FYI, FSX runs fine. Sketchup runs fine and I can output files .dae for input into MCX. I can read in the file from Sketchup .dae into MCX and it works like normal, showing the object, its textures, etc; MCX converts jpg to dds fine; MCX minimizes the number of drawcalls fine. It also does appear to the MDL file but it has size 0. I am using the most recent dev version which I downloaded again today.

I tried the process with other .dae files from the sketchup warehouse with the same result. It is looking for something from DirectX I don't have.

Any help?

Thanks
  8. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

Xtomdl uses some directx runtime files. So you don't need the sdk, but you need to have directx 9.0c installed.

I'm not sure if the p3d sdk maybe changed the required version.