1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem

Discussion in 'SDK installation' started by Xpand, 2/10/11.

1. Xpand

Xpand

portugal
    On 3ds max 8.
    The image speaks for itself:
    Image.jpg

SDK works fine, but, every time I open 3ds max, it adds a new Ace tools and Aces Documentation section to the toolbar. Anyone?
    Thanks!
  2. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    Can you delete all from the menu, and left just one? then you can save the gui as default, don't know if I know what I am talking about, but could be.
  3. Xpand

Xpand

portugal
    Already tried that. It just fills up again...
  4. hairyspin

hairyspin Resource contributor

unitedkingdom
    I had something similar a while ago and don't remember the solution exactly,

but

following the Wiki articles on installing/troubleshooting the SDK exactly put everything right.
    Last edited: 3/10/11
  5. Tejal Bernardo

Tejal Bernardo

spain
    that's the problem. one get sometimes the solution by chance.i can't recall the way I fixed something similar :eek:
    Try deleting all from the menu tool and install again. I think must be something easy.all this little problems are like a custom.
    Last edited: 2/10/11
  6. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    The same thing with me as well; I can't remember what the heck I did to "fix the problem" as it's been several years now... :eek:

I did notice when checking out the various maxscript (.ms) files that are loaded that the very first thing that happens (or is supposed to happen) is that the menu entries are first destroyed, then recreated from scratch...

...which seems like a very odd thing to do, but I suppose nice folks at MS/ACES must have had a "Good Reason" for doing the inexplicable!

So, it seems probable that the section of maxscript that destroys (removes) the existing menu entries isn't being run for some reason...
    Last edited: 3/10/11
  7. Chuck Jodry VJPL

Chuck Jodry VJPL

ca-quebec
    Its an annoyance i fix by loading the default ui and then running the mstools script to get the tools back on the tool bar , it fills up again only to be redone.

I figured it was because there are two startup toolsets from different sdk`s in the startup plugins folder , being they all work i dont mind .