1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Runways in LEMD

Discussion in 'Airport Design General' started by LFB, 1/9/08.

1. LFB

LFB

spain
    Hello,

This is my first post in this forum, and first of all, I would like to congrat all the people who developped ADE. I'm not an expeirenced "airport designer", but recently I tried to do a modification of the airport LEMD (Madrid-Barajas Airport) which has 4 runways.

This modification consists on runways operations. In real world, LEMD operates 2 runways for take offs and 2 for landings. For instance, when runways 36L and 36R are in use for take off, runways 33L and 33R are in use for landings. And viceversa: when runways 15L and 15R are in use for t/o; runways 18L and 18R are in use for landings.

To do this, I went to "Lists>Runways" and modified the parametres of label "pattern". I set runways 18L and 18R not in use for take off but for landings; and runways 36R and 36L not for landings but for take offs. I did the same thing with runways 33/15 L&R, in order to achieve 2 runways for take off and 2 for landings.

Afterwards, I compiled the airport and initiated FSX, and the result wasn't a success: effectively, planes took off from runways 36L&R, but they landed in these runways too :confused:. I returned to ADE and saw the "primary" and "secondary" labels in the runway's box. Surprisingly, the options "closed for landing" and "closed for take off" were selected, and I can't do anything to solve this problem....

Could anyone help me? My aim is just to solve de runways operations so that it is like real world.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Luis Fco. Bernardos