1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Programming a little flight planner

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by David P., 6/5/07.

1. David P.

David P.

switzerland
    Hello,

I'm studying computer science in an engineering school in Yverdon (switzerland) and we have to do a project in the next two month. We (3 students) have to find a project idea and we thought about something in relation with FS.

It's not really easy to find something really new so I thought that it may be usefull (and fun) to program a little and easy to use flight planner.

I've been looking for some information the last two days about what we're going to need for this project but I can't really imagine what kind of information we can get from the FS files.

We'll need at least to get all the navaids coordinates and frequencies, the airports infos (position, runways infos) with their comms and ILS too... and it would be even better if we're able to get the vector datas (coasts, roads etc..) to draw the map.

As I've read in the SDK documentation and on this forum all these informations (not sur about the coastlines) are in bgl files that can be disassembled in XML with tools like BglAnalyseX (XML format is described in the SDK documentation as I can see).

So what can I expect to have and what do I have to know (i.e what bgl files are important for what we've to do, and is there any libraries or tools that can save us some work (as we won't have a lot of time to complete this project) ;)

Thanks in advance

David
    Last edited: 6/5/07