1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

property trigger

Discussion in 'Mission Development' started by archtx, 18/1/07.

1. archtx

archtx

unitedstates
    I was trying to set up a property trigger with the conditions "greater than" -67.5 longitude "and" "less than" -16.6833 latitude.

I was thinking that it would fire if I was further east than 67.5 degrees west, and further south than 16.6833 degrees south.

It doesn't want to fire. Is this a bug...or did I do something wrong? Anyone had any luck with applying more than one condition to a property trigger?
  2. Horst18519

Horst18519 Moderator Staff Member Resource contributor

germany
    If you use only one parameter (long or lat), does it fire correctly in both cases? If so it would be quite disturbing if they don't work together. Did you use "AND"?
  3. archtx

archtx

unitedstates
    Unfortunately, Horst, that is exactly the case. I have used dozens of property triggers in several missions, and they perform perfectly.....with a single condition. This is the first time I tried multiple conditions.
    Correct....I used the "AND", which to me means that if both conditions are met, it should fire. I guess I need to experiment some more, but hated to spend the time if it turned out to be a bug. Seems simple enough, so I really can't figure out why it won't work. I'll report back if I come to any conclusions. Do you suppose the "order" of the conditions would matter? I'll try reversing them and see if it does anything.
  4. Horst18519

germany
    I fear this really is a bug. The triggers seem kinda buggy to me anyway... :(

I think it may be possible to avoid this bug by using a counter trigger (both triggers add 1 to the counter, when the counter is at 2 it fires).
  5. archtx

archtx

unitedstates
    Yes, there is always a work around. What I did for now was to just use the latitude condition...and deactivate it. Then used the longitude trigger for an object activation action that in turn activates the latitude trigger. Awkward, but it works.

I haven't tried the counter trigger, because I didn't clearly understand how it works. I'll try it.
  6. archtx

archtx

unitedstates
    My mistake!

After further testing, I find that it works just as you'd think. I tried it with longitude "and" altitude and longitude "and" latitude and it worked both times. Also does not appear to matter which order you have the conditions in. Sorry about the confusion! Don't know what I did wrong before.
  7. Horst18519

germany
    No prob - good to know it's not a bug.