1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question on library xml

Discussion in 'BGLComp XML, AFCAD, SceneGenX' started by woody, 15/10/05.

1. woody

woody

Hi Arno
    I was wondering if it was possable to get a object out of one of the other scenery BGL files. what I am looking for is a tower in the fs9\scenery\namec\AP925190.BGL I dont know how to make it in Gmax and the one I want to use is in flight sim I or We just have to figure out if I can get it out. It is at the Grossville airport in TN " KCSV" I am trying to make a old time mail route and use that as a tower that they had for the pilots to be able to fly at night and follow the lights from the towers. they were about 3 miles apart. I am inclosing a picture so you can see it. any help ?

woody :wave:

Attached Files:

2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Woody,

If you know the GUID of the object, you should just be able to call it in your new scenery. It could be that the current object is locked and then you can only use to in the area of the current placement.

Another option would be to decompile the BGL file and then use the MDL file you get out of that, but that is not really the way it should work. I think you can not distribute a MDL file you extracted from a default scenery.

So what I would try is to decompile the BGL file you mention and look for the GUID of the object in there. Then you can use that to call the object in your scenery as well.
  3. phpdk

phpdk

denmark
    Hi Woody,

The GUIDs you need are "5137c38443463c5527b068a311fd080a" for the tower and "6b2b7d784dbe967ae2836798b6b1f855" for the base (and techshack). The tower is a special kind of library object that may have different heights. They are huge but normally most is underground. You need to put the "alt" in the xml-file to about 23 (m) and the altitudeIsAgl to "true" (which is default anyway). Then only the top 23 m will show up.

I intended to enclose an xml and bgl that put a copy of the tower next to the existing one in KCSV put it doesn't seem to work right now. Send me an email php@mail.dk and I'll send it to you.

Peter

By the way: the mdl's are not in the bgl you mention but in "...Scenery\Generic\scenery\Generic.bgl". But you really do not need the mdl's as you can place them just by using the GUIDs.
    Last edited: 15/10/05
  4. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Yes, if they are in that file they are not geo-locked and you can indeed place them everywhere in the world without trouble. So forget my story about MDL files :).