1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-posting: (FS2004) Fine objects "coarse" after exporting

Discussion in 'Modeling' started by bpahe, 12/2/07.

1. bpahe

bpahe

sweden
    Hi there!

I´ve made edges for my VC instrument by making a circle with mesh, 3 sided. The circle is quite polygon intensive and appears almost perfectly round in Gmax, but once exported the edges look coarse. The same also applies to the instruments, look at the magnetic compass in the image. I have WeldPoints turned of in the MakeMdl.cfg, and turning of Optimize makes no difference. Does anyone have a solution to this?

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance

/hans
  2. Gerard

Gerard

In FS9 VC meshes have 4mm accuracy; below that vertices will be welded to their neighbours.

It sure was a showstopper for me. Thankfully FSX doesn't have this "feature".

gh
  3. bpahe

bpahe

sweden
    Hi!

Thanks for the answer, but does this also apply when WeldPoints is turned off in the config?

/hans
  4. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    That option switch is IGNORED by MakeMDL.exe when compiling the interior model. :eek:
  5. bpahe

bpahe

sweden
    Oh my... Glad it does not look worse than it does then. I´ll try to remodell the edges so that all vertexes are some 5 mm apart then. :)

/hans
  6. robby88

robby88

australia
    Actually I have round parts 6mm apart which are perfectly curved and smooth in 3DS max and makemdl still produces chunky optimised output in FS2004. Good reason to stick to modeling for FSX.
  7. bpahe

bpahe

sweden
    Since I´m a fan of browsing forums (instead of doing what pays the bills), I found a reference to the problem and decided to investigate it further. The result was positive and quickly ended up in the Tips-section of the FFDS forum. Those who dare can read it here!

/hans
  8. FelixFFDS

FelixFFDS

puertorico
    Hans - desist! You're becoming.... ME!

:eek: