• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Registry Keys FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv1, P3Dv2

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
That's correct, there is no space in the P3D v1 key, while the other have.

Isn't it nice when they change things to make it more complex :D

One more silly question: Can I assume all flavors of FS (FS2002, 2004, X, STEAM Ed.) and P3Ds (1, 2, 3) have the "fonts" sub folder under their respective root?

Hi guys,

I need to create an installer that will deposit a few FLT/FSSAVE/WX files into

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

and go in and add entries to dll.xml and fsx_se.cfg (and possibly a few others) in

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

I've looked through this thread and I don't see any registry entries for these two locations. Any idea where/how to get to them?

Also, any suggestions on what utility to get to add/modify .xml amd .cfg files on installation?

I've used InstallShield before, and it is quite powerful, but that was a while ago and I remember it was quite involving, and it needed a bit of script writing to get it done.
I'm just wondering if there is anything else out there that would accomplish what I need, namely appending/inserting text blocks at certain file locations.

No registry entries, there are environment variables that you can use to get the values. Something like %APPDATA% for the second one, %USERPROFILE% for the first one and add downstream folders

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi all,

32 & 64 Bit - Alternate

Platform: FSX, FSX XPack, FSX Gold (Verified)

RootKey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Key: \Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
SubKey: AppPath

Platform: FSX Steam Edition (Verified)

Key: \Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0
Subkey: AppPath

Platform: Prepar3d v2 (Verified)

Key: \Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

Platform: Prepar3d v1 (Verified)

RootKey: HKEY_CURRENT USER
Key: \Software\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
Can somebody confirm that for P3D v4 this CURRENT USER key is also present? Although not in this list I know that for v3 it is the case, but also for v4?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Thanks, so that's the same structure as before.

Later I realised that now with it being a 64 bit application there is only one key in LOCAL MACHINE as well, so maybe less need for the CURRENT USER one.