1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repeat period

Discussion in 'AI Flight Planner' started by agaguk, 19/4/09.

1. agaguk

agaguk

ca-ontario
    It seems like when I use a repeat period, it always start at 0:00, GMT or local. In other words, if I want to make a flight that starts at 21:00 and lands at 08:00, it will only say that the ETA is invalid for the current repeat period.

Also, is there a way to tell AIFP to start an other leg the day after? I tried adding +1 to the Departure Time, but it only said that it was invalid. Is there anyway to do so?
  2. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    If the repeat period is, say, 4 hours, the only valid times are 00:00 to 03:59. (Think of it as a day only four hours long.) A time of, say, 18:25 has no meaning in a 4 hour repeat since the entire flight plan must be performed in 4 hours or less.

The "+n" convention applies only to arrival times. Departure days are always specified using the DOW check boxes. (Arrival time is related to depearture time by flight duration. However, there is no relationship between the arrival of one flight and the depearture of the next - other than it should be later.)

Don
  3. agaguk

agaguk

ca-ontario
    So if I understand correectly, to have a FP that starts at 18:00 local time, I'd need to set the timezone to one where it is 0:00?

To make a leg start on an other day, I need to choose the day of the week? What if I want the same aircraft to make 2 legs in one day?
  4. gadgets

gadgets Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    If we're still talking about a 4 hr. repeat period, then the departure time would be 02:00. The flight would also operate beginning at 02:00, 06:00, 10:00, 14:00 and 22:00 each day. If you simply want it to depart at 18:00 every day, why are you using a 4 hr. repeat period? You should be using a 24 hr repeat period.

Not sure I understand the question. Every flight plan must have at least two legs. If you use a 24 hr repeat period, you specify the times of operation - two legs, three legs, whatever. The flight will be repeated every day of the week. If you want to have some days with only one leg (or no legs), you must use a weekly repeat period and specify the days/times of operation - so long as there's at least 2 legs during the entire week. If you use a sub-daily repeat period, the flight will operate multiple times every day.

If this doesn't answer your question, why don't you tell me exactly what you want to do (times, destinations) and I'll see if there's a way to do it.

Don
  5. agaguk

agaguk

ca-ontario
    Well it did answer my questions! Thank you! I feel so stupid about the first one lol :banghead: