1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FSX repeating start up sounds

Discussion in 'Sound' started by robystar, 6/10/09.

1. robystar

robystar

Hello everybody,

I ran into a problem with Jordan Moore's FS9 Blackhawk.
    The heli is FS9 but works fine in FSX except for this tiny but irritating problem with the sound: the whining start up sound keeps on playing even when the engines have revved up. When you start FS in spot view, no problem but when you switch to cockpit view, there it comes and keeps on coming even when changing views.
    I have no experience in sound issues so I wonder if it is a question of the fs9 sound system being incompatible with FSX (I do not have this problem in FS9) or is it simply a question of modifying some parameter in FSX?
    Thanks beforehand for any info as I cannot find another (but the default) sound file for the Blackhawk.
  2. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    The starter logic was fixed in FSX, which unfortunately has "broken" the workarounds developed for FS9 gauges.

In short, your "starter is stuck," which is why the start up sounds keep repeating. It is not something the end user can fix easily, unless they have the source code for the gauge system...

...or the gauge system is scripted in XML. In either case, the solution logic is posted in the Gauge forum here and similar forums elsewhere.
  3. robystar

robystar

Thank you, Bill,

No xml gauges, so I guess I will have to think of something else.
  4. robystar

robystar

Fix: reloading the aircraft apparently solves the problem, at least in my case.