1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAR object drift

Discussion in 'General' started by EGSC9, 11 Aug 2017.

1. EGSC9

EGSC9

russia
    Good day!

I'm considering search and rescue (SAR) scenery for myself (essentially just placing object randomly). The major real-world implication with maritime searches is that search objects drift (due to currents, wind). Is it at all possible to define animation (movement) starting from a given location at fixed fs date-time (not from the time I load the flight) in a certain direction with a certain speed? Question is on FS9/FSX/P3D, not specifically.

Thank you very much!

2. =rk=

=rk=

us-washington
    Yes, look for CCP from FSX@WAR.

3. EGSC9

EGSC9

russia
    Thanks =rk=, ccp indeed does the job perfectly. The only implication is that you can't share bgl with other sar participants (ccp's multiplayer mode is not viable for several reasons), since ccp doesn't create one for particular mission (rather injects objects direct into the sim).

Is there any bgl-orientated options?

4. KL791

KL791

denmark
    if you only need to find and not to retrieve the element why don't you create it as a an ai ship route - it will of course have a return flow, but you can define starting point, direction or route, and drift speed. I did that with a burning ship near Nuuk, Greenland.

[​IMG]

5. EGSC9

EGSC9

russia
    Thank you KL791, using what tool have you created your AI?

6. KL791

KL791

denmark
    Google Earth plus AIBTC to be found here http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/boat/