1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SBuilder usability

Discussion in 'Ground2k4, SBuilder, SBuilderX' started by Alex76, 6/5/07.

1. Alex76

Alex76

russia
    Hi!
    Is there a way to select multiple control points of the polygon in SBuilder in order to set their height? I'm making a river and since its shape is really curvy I just can't find enough strength in me to select each vertex (out of more than 300) to set individual heights. Another approach I'm about to try is to set whole polygon height to -9999 and use few flattens below, but it would be really nice to know if multiple selection works in SBuilder.
    Another question - is it possible to break line into few independent ones? The question comes from the same river problem, because I have it's shape (the one I used for "make poly") and idea of using several flattens would be very handy if I could break that exact shape into separate shapes for flatten.
    Thank you.
    P.S. and here is my third question - any function like "select by name" available in SB?
    Last edited: 6/5/07
  2. lordofwings

lordofwings

panama
    Yup, current FSX version has a lot of usability problems that make it awkward to work with (i.e. not effective for the user).

- Has no way to "name" polygos to ease selection. You have to zoom in and then point exactly at the edge to be able to get the properties (and modify) of that polygon.

- Most of the classes have no image associated with it

- The list of classes needs to be friendlier, among which display a usable name rather than the "computer representation", make it wider so that one can read the whole name.

- Some dialogs have a non-functional OK button

- No setting to predefine colors of the "classes" it appears it choses colors at random.

Anyway, better than nothing but I hope these rough edges are polished.
  3. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    Luis is working on SBuilderX and there is an active Beta Group working with him :)

It is not just an upgrade from SBuilder 2.05 but completely re-written