1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SBuilder x64 Install

Discussion in 'Ground2k4, SBuilder, SBuilderX' started by Big_John, 20/7/07.

1. Big_John

Big_John

us-ohio
    Hi gang,

I am having a bit of a problem installing SBuilderX on my Windows XP Pro x64 system. SBuilderX looks for an install of FSX, and I am pretty sure it is looking for it in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\ directory, not really sure, but it never finds what it is looking for. I have two installs, one registered, and one not, one in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\ (registered), and the other in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\ (not registered) directories. Still no joy with the program starting. I also tried adding the registry information manually for the install at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\, which is the x64 directory for programming, not the WOW directory thinking that the SBuilderX was looking specifically for C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X, and not just for any install of FSX in any directory. SBuilderX doesn't allow you to select the install directory, or at least the version I have doesn't. I have FSX Deluxe SP1, and FSX SDK SP1 install in both locations.

I was wondering if anyone has a clue what I could do to get SBuilderX installed properly.
    Last edited: 20/7/07
  2. Luis_Sá

Luis_Sá Resource contributor

portugal
    Hello,

Please see my answer in the PTSIM forum,

Kind Regards,

Luis
  3. Green_Hornet

Green_Hornet

us-wisconsin
    SBuilder X X64 Install

Hi first of all I take NO Responsibility for any damage using this fix!:eek:

Ok I have XP64 Pro and had a hard time getting SBuilderX to work. First of all the registry keys that SBX looks for are in different places than in a 32bit OS.

On my system the keys needed for SBX are located under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0". The problem is that SBX will not look here for the proper paths. So you must create them.

Step 1. Start - Run type in "REGEDIT" this will access the registry. I would advise you to backup your registry at this point! Do this by selecting File/Export.

Step 2. Goto "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft" Right click on Microsoft and add new key. Name this key "Microsoft Games". Now right click on the new key Microsoft Games and add new key. Name this one "Flight Simulator". Now right click on this new key and add new key naming it "10.0"

Step3. Now select the 10.0 key and right click and add New string value. Name this key "SetupPath
    select this new string value and right click and select modify. Enter the path of your FSX install in the box. Example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\" which is my FSX Dir.

Step4. The SDK is done in this same manner. below is a diagram of what you should end up with.

For FSX

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Software
    Microsoft
    Microsoft Games - NEW KEY
    Flight Simulator - NEW KEY
    10.0 - NEW KEY
    Default - Made Automatically
    SetupPath C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ - NEW STRING VALUE

For FSX SDK

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Software
    Microsoft
    Microsoft Games
    Flight Simulator X SDK - NEW KEY

SDKrootDir
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\ - NEW STRING VALUE

SetupPath C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\ - NEW STRING VALUE

The SetupPaths and the SDKRootDir are String Values. One for FSX and Two for The SDK.

Sbuilder will now work on a 64 bit OS:D

Also All Key Names should follow these examples for captialaztion!
    Have fun ;)
    Last edited: 21/7/07
  4. Big_John

Big_John

us-ohio
    Sorry, on the delay

I have been involved in several projects, and forgot all about installing SBuilderX. I will try this weekend to make the changes. All this sounds reasonable, and I had it figured out, but was not using the WoW folder in the regedit.

Thanks alot Luis, and Mr Hornet
  5. Green_Hornet

Green_Hornet

us-wisconsin
    No Problem glad to help. This worked for me, but I still have problems running SBX. It seems to like to CTD alot when working with images. May just be my OS as it is due to be reinstalled soon.:mad:
  6. crashaz

crashaz

us-texas
    Thank You! Thank You! :D