1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scaling problem ObplacerXML

Discussion in 'ObPlacer and ObPlacer XML' started by Ayrsimming, 2/1/05.

1. Ayrsimming

Ayrsimming

scotland
    Hi Arno

Thanks for another great new tool!
    I have been trying to place an object with a scale of 0.5 but it is showing up twice the size intended in FS. On re-opening the xml file in the program the scaling setting has reverted to 1.0 and I have had to manually amend the xml file before compilation to get the object to show as intended.

Iain
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Iain,

OK, thanks for reporting, I will look into this. I must say that in most of my tests I used a scale of 1.0.
  3. arno

netherlands
    Hi Iain,

I can't reproduce the scale problem. When I placed two objects (one with 0.5 and one with 1.0) they showed up as intended. Could it be that the object you used is the problem (I think some default objects can behave strange with scaling).

The scale is also shown correct when you reload your XML and click on the different objects in the list. But I can't remember if I updated that code after the release. With the next release it should be OK in anycase.
  4. Ayrsimming

Ayrsimming

scotland
    Hi Arno

Actually I wasn't trying to place a default object, but a home made Gmax object, placed in a library made with your Library Maker tool.
    I tried out another newly completed object early yesterday with the same result.
    I now have your update installed and I am getting the same. As a test I tried inputting one of your autogen trees at 0.1 but after compiling and saving Xml file, on re-opening, the scale had reverted back to 1.0.
    All other aspects of the program are working great, what am I doing wrong :confused:

Iain
  5. arno

netherlands
    Hi Iain,

When you look in your XML file is the scale stored correct there?

I just tried to place one of my trees at scale 0.1, but when I reload the XML the scale is still there.
  6. Ayrsimming

Ayrsimming

scotland
    Hi Arno

The scale is shown as 1.0 in the XML file after compiling, inspite of inputting 0.1 scale in the program input screen.

Iain
  7. arno

netherlands
    Hi Iain,

Humm, that is strange. Let me think how I can solve this problem, as I can not reproduce it (yet).

With OS are you using? Just trying to find out where the problem lies.
  8. Ayrsimming

Ayrsimming

scotland
    Hi Arno

I am using WindowsXP Home.

I have tried placing a FS default object - Gen_Aviator01 which does require to be scaled anyway, around 0.5 and that has compiled okay to XML file and is still at 0.5 when re-opening file.

Could this problem, by any chance, be resticted to User Libraries' objects.

Iain
  9. arno

netherlands
    Hi Iain,

I noticed that once you click a new object in the object tree the scale is automatically reset to 1.0. Could it be that you had entered the scale before you select the object? If you enter the scale after selecting the object it works for me.
  10. Ayrsimming

Ayrsimming

scotland
    Hi Arno

That is exactly where I am going wrong!
    I have tried a few additions with scaling done after selecting the object, as you have advised, and that has worked.

Many thanks for taking the time to get this sorted out for me

Iain
  11. arno

netherlands
    I will change the way this works in the next update, as this is not really user friendly.

It should only clear the text when you select an effect (as the text box is used for the effect parameters in that case).
  12. arno

netherlands
    Problem solved in v0.13 that I have just uploaded. The scale is no longer reset with every object you select.