• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Scenery Activator for FSX and Prepar3D

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
Country
peru
Scenery Activator for FSX v1.2

Dear All:

This program allows you to install your scenery automatically in the FSX.

Just call this program from your setup.exe and your scenery will be activated in the FSX scenery Library.

I have tested this program with Windows XP and windows 7.

If it works with windows vista please let me know.

The info of your scenery must be in the file ActivatorConfig.ini.

Thanks.
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
Lima, Perú
mendiola_loyola@hotmail.com

Attachments

• SceneryActivator14.zip
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,547
Last edited:
Thanks, Alfredo. This seems to have slipped under the radar, considering there's been a real need for an 'industry standard' activator.

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
Country
peru
I have uploaded SceneryActivator v.1.2

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
Lima, Perú

Last edited:

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
Country
peru
SceneryActivator 1.4

I have just uploaded SceneryActivator v.1.4

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
Lima, Perú

Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Hi,

Great tool!!

Is there any parameter to make a backup of the existing Scenery.CFG?

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Nice program, nice programmed,

But why set the developers not a txt file like this in the setup.exe:

[Area.xxx]
Title=ESNZ - Are Ostersund
Local=Addon Scenery\ESNZ - Are Ostersund
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=xxx

and everybody can click on the Shortcut for the Scenery.cfg and put them in. It will go fast like your Program.

They will only change the xxx and save the Scenery.cfg.

Addional they put the complety path behind the = at Local if they use an other Path than the default.

Last edited:
Country
slovakia
Scenery Activator for FSX v1.2

Dear All:

This program allows you to install your scenery automatically in the FSX.

Just call this program from your setup.exe and your scenery will be activated in the FSX scenery Library.

I have tested this program with Windows XP and windows 7.

If it works with windows vista please let me know.

The info of your scenery must be in the file ActivatorConfig.ini.

Thanks.
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
Lima, Perú
mendiola_loyola@hotmail.com
Hi,

Thank you for yor great work,

Could you describe, how to modify ActivatorConfig.ini, or show some sample?

Thanks,

Country
australia
Scenery Activator for FSX

Is their a way to allow this fantastic program to install multiable sceneries with one click, I use ORBX and it's slow doing them one a time, with the other 20 odd sceneries I use, if I could make one INI file and have all my scenery in it, then in the unfortunate rare occasions when I have to reinstall FSX I can just hit one button and it can add all the entries for me, in one go, that would save me so much time, is that possible ?

Thanks ahead of time
Lawrence

spotlope

FSDevConf team
Country
portugal
I love this tool! So far, it's been very reliable at doing exactly what it purports to do. I have two wishes for future versions, Alfredo (if at all possible):

1. Can it be made to uninstall scenery from the library as well? This would be very helpful for use in general uninstall packages.
2. Could the target sim platform be sent to it as a command line switch instead of cfg file? Right now I'm building a single installer for FSX, FSX:SE, and 3 versions of P3D and it gets cumbersome having to shuffle around and rename the correct .cfg file for each platform from within the installer.

Keep up the great work!
Bill

mendiola_loyola

Resource contributor
Country
peru
SceneryActivator 1.9

I have just uploaded SceneryActivator v.1.9

Usage:
<Target Simulator>: FSX, P3DV1, P3DV2, P3DV3, FSXSE
SceneryActivator.exe <Target Simulator>
Example: SceneryActivator.exe P3DV3

Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
Lima, Perú

Attachments

• SceneryActivatorV19.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 501
Country
brazil
I was not able to configure the new version. Could someone give me a idea?

In the previous version i just needed to configure the "Target" option on the .ini file, in the new version there is no such option. I was not able to understand the usage instructions.

"Usage:
<Target Simulator>: FSX, FSXSE, P3DV1, P3DV2, P3DV3 and P3DV4
SceneryActivator.exe <Target Simulator>
Example: SceneryActivator.exe P3DV4"

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
The Scenery Activator download includes everything you need. The .ini file containing information to be added to the scenery.cfg, the .exe file that does it and a batch file to start the program from. Said batch file may be edited with Notepad. All it took for me was changing the target simulator version to FSX.

Country
brazil
The Scenery Activator download includes everything you need. The .ini file containing information to be added to the scenery.cfg, the .exe file that does it and a batch file to start the program from. Said batch file may be edited with Notepad. All it took for me was changing the target simulator version to FSX.

You did this using the version 1.10? I did this in the previous versions, but I can't do this in the newer version. The files aren't the same, the instructions neither.