1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scenery Design Engine Build 2580 Available

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by scruffyduck, 24/1/07.

1. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

wales
    The latest version is now available here:

www.scruffyduck.co.uk/files/sde_current_build.zip

This build now has almost complete coverage of those scenery objects which are XML based and compiled using BGLComp. There are one or two minor elements not implemented and these are mentioned in the documentation. Also included in the distribution is the first developers documentation help file. This is based on in-line XML documentation and produced using nDoc.

This build will also display a list of textures used in a model mdl (as requested :) )

For those of you who may be using the engine in your own applications please note the developers conditions in the release notes.

I would appreciate any feedback (good or bad) since I am considering making the test app available on AVSIM for general use as a decoder/encoder

I would also appreciate views from developers on how best the library should be distributed - with the end application or via separate download from my site.

Note: I am moving all future discussion of SDE into the tools programming forum since I think it is more appropriate
    Last edited: 24/1/07
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Thanks Jon,

I'll try to check out this build soon and give you some feedback.

Also I agree that this forum is a better plate to discuss the development of this tool.
  3. PakMac

PakMac

england
    Hi Jon,

It's just dawned me that you are including BGLComp.exe within you package. Surely this is part of the SDK which is only available to people how bought the Deluxe version of FSX.

Forgive me if you have permission to distribute BGLComp with SDE, if so please ignore this post.

David
    [​IMG]
  4. scruffyduck

wales

An interesting point David.

Para 3a of the SDK EULA states :

and that is the principle that I am using since SDE is incomplete and at an early beta stage.

On the other hand Para 5 does not allow the publishing of the software for others to copy or renting, leasing or lending the software.

I have asked for, and am awaiting, clarification on re-distribution of BGLComp from the ACES Team.
  5. jvile

jvile

by the way Jon

It has always taken 2 decompilers to extract all the correct data from the AP/APX.bgl in order to write new approach code.

Your lastest SDE has succesfully decoded everything in one decompiler. I no longer have to use both newbglanalyze and bglx180 to get all the correct leg data.

The other good thing is the rightside window allows for copy/past when building a xml from the very beginning.
  6. scruffyduck

wales
    Thanks Jim - maybe I am getting there are last :)

The current build I am just tidying up can read XML as well as the bgl format. I am not sure how useful that is for reading FS XML, but the program can now save it's data in xml and there are some extra attributes for sde specific data. These are ignored when you compile.