• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Scenery disappearing under certain angles

Country
greece
Hi again!

This scenery is the first one I had made back in 2010 and I recently updated it for P3D, by fixing the non-showing taxiways in the AFCAD and also adding a few details. It works fine in FSXA, FSXSE and P3D2.5. Only in P3D3.2 I have this problem shown on the following video:

As you can see all the airport disappears under certain angles, mainly low angle and when looking north. All is OK when looking south.

ORBX Global, Vector and OPENLC EU are active. Reading other threads here, I tried deactivating the ORBX libraries entry in the scenery library and the problem went away. I can not however keep them deactivated as I also use ORBX scenery.

Again, the problem exists only in P3D 3.2, all other sims are fine.

Your good input and advice would be much appreciated.

Country
germany
Hi,

I am having a similar issue with custom made polys in 3DSM. Although my runway,taxiway and apron textures (no alpha) are visible in the sim (P3Dv3.2) all the time, textures like runway marks, various lines, noise layer (with alpha channel) etc disappear/appear when panning the camera. Sometimes they are not visible at all and only reappear after I refresh the scenery library and even then, chances are that they will again vanish depending on the camera view.

I am almost sure that it is a Alpha/blending issue. For FSX I was always setting my material to "Default Transparent". For P3Dv3 I do the same, but in MCX's Material Editor I can see that my materials need the default transparent applied to them again, this time via MCX, or else they won't have transparency in the sim. I have experimented with Z-Bias, have always "No Z-Write" and "No Shadow" checked, but without any success.

Something that confused me even more is that on my PC I have the before mentioned issue but don't have any problems with the aircraft casting shadows on my polys, and on a friend's PC with the same sim he has no issues with my textures but he has no shadows on my polys at all! o_O

I suppose that it is obviously me doing something wrong and I would be more than happy to find a solution.

Cheers

Country
greece
I think this is a different issue. In my case the whole airport disappears, taxiways, runways, objects, the whole lot! There are no ground polys in the scenery. I also find it strange that it goes away and all is fine if I deactivate the ORBX libraries. Any good suggestions would be appreciated.

Country
us-florida
I think this is a different issue. In my case the whole airport disappears, taxiways, runways, objects, the whole lot! There are no ground polys in the scenery. I also find it strange that it goes away and all is fine if I deactivate the ORBX libraries. Any good suggestions would be appreciated.
Since the problem goes away if you deactivate ORBX I would go to them and see if they can help.

Country
greece
Thank you! I'll try what was followed in that case. It seems to be very similar to the many instances of grass in mine.

Country
greece
After quite some time a solution was found by a good friend Loukas Kouros. If the scenery is lower than the ORBX libraries in priority in the scenery library the problem goes away. Can't say why but wished to share just in case it helps others.