• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Screen capture software for Windows 10

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Windows 10 users will know screen captures can be easily done and saved to a OneDrive account, but as usual the MS default doesn't capture the cursor, so is less than ideal for illustrating problems on the forum. I used HyperSnap (payware) for years and really missed it since moving to Win10.

There's a free app on the Windows Store, called ShareX, which has just got my seal of approval: it captures full screen, active window, selected region etc with cursor if desired and is really capable. It's meant to upload captures automatically to your choice of online site, but you don't need to have it do that. Captures can be edited immediately or left until later. Recommended!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Thanks for the tip, I have been using Grabber2k for years for my screenshots, but lately in Windows 10 it is not always working as it should. So I'll give this one a try as well.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
I've also used Grabber2k since, well forever, but now am using puush instead. It will even create animated GIF files that can be quickly posted. You can do full screen, as well as selected parts of the screen:
xNHrN.gif

http://puush.me/

Last edited:
Country
unitedstates
Steps Recorder (part of Windows) will take screen shots of each mouse click and show the cursor.