1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SDSX design document for 3D models added to the wiki

Discussion in 'Scenery Design Suite X' started by lmoelleb, 21/10/06.

1. lmoelleb

lmoelleb

I have added an initial design page on the Wiki here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDSX_Design

so far it only contains the document for 3D models (it is the same as I discussed with you Arno, except I moved the LevelOfDetail around so it is simply a conditional display option like everything else).

Noticed I have not wasted my life adding methods, fields, etc to the class diagram, and I do not see the need for such detail - it would just duplicate something that can as well be expressed in actual source code.

I am aware the information I provide with the class diagram is not enough, but I do not know exactly which parts people would find unclear. So please have a look, and post any questions here - then I'll update the wiki with details as required and we should get the details we need, instead of a 100 page document with trivialities everyone would know anyway.

If you have any suggestions to a different (and potentially better) domain model please post it here on the forum.
  2. lmoelleb

lmoelleb

Hmm, I am starting a discussion with myself now - Currently the DisplayCondition is a property on all "Part" objects, while the transform is only available on the PartContainer. This is inconsistent, so I think the transform should be moved to the Part - it should be as easy to implement, and will limit the need for PartContainers consisting of a single part.