1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seatbelt Switch Sounds

Discussion in 'Sound' started by paulg, 20/12/07.

1. paulg

paulg

southafrica
    In FSX,how do I modify a sound & or panel cfg /cab file to enable me to have different sounds for different switches?

For example - the Seatbelt switch - switch on, a cabin announcement & switch off - a different announcement.

Lets say we use the Airbus A321 as an example. I can modify the sound files but have very little knowledge of the inner workings of triggers/switches.

Regards

Paul
  2. Jetliner

Jetliner

unitedstates
    <bump>

I'm interested in the same thing. Anyone?
  3. lordofwings

lordofwings

panama
    +1 I am interested in something similar. I have an excellent B737 panel in FS2004 with active switches (they toggle) for both Fasten your seatbelts and No smoking signs. Unfortunately when you toggle them you hear NOTHING, not even a boring click.

In my FS9 sounds directory there is a "signs.wav" file that plays the familiar ding-dong sound as in real a/c. This sound is used in some other gauge of another panel.

Now, HOW do I make these two switches emit that sound? it is something that adds to the feeling of realism short of having actual voice announcements but it is often disregarded by panel designers.
  4. n4gix

n4gix Resource contributor

unitedstates
    For XML gauges and FS9, the only option is to either write your own C sound interface, or use Doug Dawson's freeware XML Sound utility available at http://avsim.com in the File Library.