1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selecting specific windows with SimConnect (or FSUIPC for that matter)?

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by Simon853, 30/7/07.

1. Simon853

Simon853

I have an external application that currently uses FSUIPC4 to pan the virtual pilot view to simulate a gimbaled camera in FSX. I also have other windows open that show the aircraft from external perspectives.

The problem I have is that I have to ensure the VC window is always selected otherwise the pan inputs mess with the other views. Is there a way with SimConnect (or FSUIPC if anyone knows - I can't find one) to restrict pan inputs to a window of my choice, or the default main window?

I've tried fixing the camera.cfg file so that the spot/locked spot views are immovable, but that doesn't seem to work, and anyway still ensures that whoever might be using my app (who likely wont know FS) still has to ensure the VC has input focus.

Any ideas? There are some unmapped shortcut keys in the controls settings that I thought I could command before an FSUIPC pan fucntion, but I can't seem to figure out how they work. And anyway, I really want to rewrite my app in SimConnect as there's a lot of other features I wish to take advantage of.

Regards,

Si