1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting Payload via FSUIPC or SimConnect

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by Slopey, 11/2/08.

1. Slopey

Slopey

Hi There,

From browsing the FSUIPC docs and various forums on the web, I understand that setting payload information into FS2k4 is problematic. Does this same issue exist with FSX via SimConnect?

I'm using the FSUIPC wrapper for vb.net and so far I've been able to do everything I want to. My Application generates cargo "jobs" and loads them onto the aircraft - initially through the pln/flt files.

I'd like the user to be able to alt-tab out of FS after landing, choose a cargo item, and load that into FS automatically, and then alt-tab back to FS - the cargo should then be loaded.

For that scenario - has anyone had any success setting payload station weights via FSUIPC? Im experimenting at the moment but not getting very far.

Would a better solution be to regenerate a flt/pln file and 're-initialise' FS with that? i.e. reload the updated flt/pln into the current running FS session - that appears to work if I call FS9.exe with the flt as a argument.

For FSX, can this be done via SimConnect? Does anyone have a code example (preferably in vb/c# - my brain can't process C++ for some reason :( )

Regards,
    Slopey