1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show program in FS

Discussion in 'Tools programming' started by mjoppich, 25/2/07.

1. mjoppich

mjoppich

germany
    Hi all,

this is my very first post here, and therefor i'd first like to introduce myself.

My name is Markus Joppich, i am 18 years old, living in the seven mountains near Cologne (Germany), still studying (having one year left until i leave school) and being very interested in aviation, FS and programming.

I mainly program with Delphi and already did a nice ACARS utility which is currently still under construction to remove the errors of previous versions (in most cases some errors within communication with servers :duck: )

My program is called FTG-ACARS v2 (v2 in short form) and is interacting with FS using FSUIPC. It is a stand-alone exe.

Now, my problem is, how do i get that tool to be displayed in FS, so users can use it being in Full-screen and not in Windowed mode only?

I first thought of creating a gauge that simply loads every tenth of a second a screenshot, and if you click somewhere on that gauge it send the coordinates to my program (is that even possible?), which then executes a click on these coordinates.
    However i think that'd not be good for performance... :D

So another way is needed. Is it possible to load a program into a program? Like displaying another HTML page in an HTML page using the <iframe> ? Because, i think, that would be the ultimate solution?

At this point also sorry if this isn't the correct subforum, but i thought it would match best here as i need help for a tool ;) If this is the false position, could one please move it into the correct place?

If someone had an idea that'd be great!

Cheers,
    Markus

P.S.: I am sorry, but I managed to do a typo in my user name ... could perhaps someone change it to mjoppich? Thank you very much!
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Markus,

What kind of program is your tool? I think to have it really running into FS you would have to code it as a module. But if you just want to read things like a coordinate from FS, you should also be able to use a timer for that in your EXE. No need to be really a part of FS.

PS. I will change your nickname as well.
  3. mjoppich

mjoppich

germany
    Hi Arno,

first thanks for renaming my account :)

well, it's a simple delphi program that collects several data through FSUIPC - already via a Timer. This is a picture of the start screen:

[​IMG]

Well, i compiled an EXE and have that program running outside of FS. Now what i want is, that i can see and use the program as well in FS as outside of FS - at the same time seeing the same things.

So if I click on a line select knob it changes the page shown. What i want is: display the same program in FS and outside FS. If i click somewhere on the gauge inside FS change page in FS and outside FS and if i click somewhere on the application outside FS it should change the page outside FS and also inside FS.

So what i need is - i think - a gauge that displays exactly that in FS what my program is showing outside FS.

If somehow could tell me how that is possible that'd be great!

Cheers,
    Markus