1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simconnect and VB.net Events

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by scottj1501, 9/7/07.

1. scottj1501

scottj1501

I was wander if someone would have an example of a simconnect (VB.net) Events (specifically AI Traffic or Multiplayer ADD and REMOVE). I have been working with the simconnect managed data example that comes with the SDK and have no problem reading data about the aircraft position etc, using VB.net. However, I would like to track the add and remove of the AI Traffic using the event SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_EVENT_OBJECT_ADDREMOVE. There is a good example of this in the SDK samples called AI Traffic, but this is written in C++ which I haven't used in years and simple spend hours on end trying to decode it. I have been able to create an event monitor for say flaps down, but can't seem to get the ADDREMOVE object event to fire.

Has anyone ran into this or maybe have a converted example of the AI Traffic example shipped with the product? I have been working on this for weeks and can't seem to figure it out. I was hoping someone could help! I know I should be writting this in C# or C++ but I have been using vb.net for years and simply don't have the time right now to learn the C++ stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it....:)

scottj1501
    Last edited: 9/7/07
  2. jcboliveira

jcboliveira

portugal
  3. scottj1501

scottj1501

Thanks

Thanks a million, I think those examples got me to what I was looking for. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

scottj1501