1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simconnect & FSUIPC

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by grajay, 20/5/07.

1. grajay

grajay

unitedkingdom
    I've noticed that my SimConnect.xml file prevents FSUIPC from loading and hence I have no Add On menu in FSX.

I had been using SimConnect.xml & SimConnect.ini etc to run a 3rd party program on my client machine (which it DID without any problem at all) but decided that installing the 3rd party prog onto my Vista machine (server) was the only way I could retain the Add on menu and FSUIPC and AFCAD etc.

My two PCs are networked using a Netgear DG835 Firewall router. The only 'issue' I had in configuring the SimConnect.xml file and the SimConnect.cfg file was the 'port' entry. As both machines have WIndows Firewall turned off I tried leaving the port entry blank but got no connection - so I chose Port 500 and bingo SimConnect worked OK.

Anyway, if anyone has any idea as to why SimConnect.xml causes this I'd appreciate knowing.

btw I deleted the original SimConnect.dll file from the C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS directory and used the FSX repair option to ensure that it wasn't corrupt in any way. SP1 is of course installed as well. Also my Anti virus program is turned off.

I'm now convinced - having 'troubled' Pete Dowson on his forum, that it's not a FSUIPC problem at all, but a SimConnect one.

This is very similar to the problem in this post:
    http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3302

Thanks.
    Last edited: 20/5/07
  2. jcboliveira

jcboliveira

portugal
    First you should map in a port higher than 1024. Ports bellow 1024 are already defined.

Both client/server side by side dll have matching versions?

Please post your simconnect.xml simconnect.cfg

You can try to debug situation with a simconnect.ini with

[SimConnect]
    level=Verbose
    file=C:\Log\SimConnect%01u.Log
    file_max_index=9
    console=yes

José
  3. grajay

grajay

unitedkingdom
    Aargh - getting a bit too technical for me now José.

Pete Dowson has identified the error in the SimConnect.xml file and by setting <Scope>local</Scope> to <Scope>global</Scope> all now works as it should.

OK I hear what you say about the port number and thanks for your help.