1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simconnect & Java

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by lc0277, 13/11/06.

1. lc0277

lc0277

france
    Hi folks,

I know Java is not a very popular language among flightsim developpers :D and this won't interest so much people, but I've developed a small client library to use simconnect in java. The first beta version is available at : http://lc0277.nerim.net/jsimconnect/

It is a complete reimplementation of the protocol, so it may not be fully functional yet. I still have to figure out some facts about port numbers.

Thanks for your impressions :cool:
  2. flight884

flight884

unitedstates
    Wow

All I have to say is: THANK YOU :cool:

I am a java developer by day and I've actually been looking for a java bridge to simconnect. Just loaded your library into my IDE, and ran your AIObjects sample and was amazed.

Looking forward to more updates! Excellent work! :)

-flight884
  3. jcboliveira

jcboliveira

portugal
    Could you post in the wiki? it will be nice to have it for future reference.
  4. FlapsOut

FlapsOut

us-texas
    Also, WoW!

Thats a 'Major addition' to the knowledge-base, IC0277!

I see the 'Java-Light'!

Nice work! More, Please!

Flaps :)
  5. rf360m

rf360m

Absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!! I'm testing it out now with FSX Planner to see how it works with integrating that into FSX.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Russell
  6. rf360m

rf360m

Question - I am continually getting a Connection Timout Error. I've tried this from a remote computer and from the one runnning FSX, and I am not able to get it to connect. Any ideas on what the problem may be? If you need additional info, please ask for it.

Thanks in advance.

-Russell
  7. rf360m

rf360m

Ok -I got it to work on the smae computer as FSX, but not remotely. However I think that might have to do with my firewall settings and not the API.

-Russell
  8. FlapsOut

FlapsOut

us-texas
    flaps reply

Nice rf360m!

Details! Details!

thanks,
    Flaps