1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skinned animations working in FSX?

Discussion in 'Modeling' started by robby88, 17/12/06.

1. robby88

robby88

australia
    I'm curious to see if anyone has succeeded in creating skinned animations, especially of crew members? I have - and nothing happens in the sim.

I key frame animate the bone then tag the part to an animation in AnimationManager, export making sure I select export skin option etc..... no animation in sim. :confused: I then checked the SDK DC-3, right click and check properties. In the user defined section there is some information there obviously related to the skinned wing flex animation.

Either I am missing something simple or there is another undocumented step in creating skinned animations. I can't see anything in the attach tool documentation pertinent to skinned animations.
  2. robby88

robby88

australia
    It was something simple. The crew figure uses multi sub-object materials. One has to make sure that each fsx material in a multi sub-object material is enabled as a skin material. :)
  3. Larry S

Larry S

I owe you one of those virtual brews.

Spent a few hours trying to figure out why mine works in gmax, but not in the sim. Skin material did it.:D