• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SODE Jetway Control

Country
switzerland
I requested the same when this thread was started over a year ago and you said you would do some documentation on how to do it manually. Does this doc exist yet? :)

Sorry no, but the Jetway SDK and the included sample plus maxscripts should provide a good basis for reverse-engineering to Blender. I wrote that old comment when the jetway was still animated the "classic" way. Now, they are skinned meshes using bones and doing that manually would be very tedious (just like the standard SDK way). That's why I didn't even bother to write a doc about manual skinning...

Country
brazil
Hello there! How is the progress in the new finger types?

Great module and I can't wait for more and more developers to start using it into their sceneries

André Dória

Country
poland
Hey.Im sorry I am writing post here but I cant login to SODE FORUM and I believe its the best place to get help.
So I have ALTA X and Svolvaer X from AS.Both sceneries are using SODE and for me its not working.
To make it shorter story pls take a look at this conversation at Aerosoft Forum.
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/114724-alta-x-and-svolvaer-x-sode/

Now I have a question here.
My Alta X is installed at disck "I"
I would like to know how to force sode to read textures from "I:\aerosoft\AltaX\Texture" other than textures folder in SODE (C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects\SODE_ENAT\Texture)
Lets use sample here:
sim.cfg
[fltsim.39]
title=ENAT_HangarDoor
sim=
model=ENAT_HangarDoor
texture=

Texture.cfg (in texture folder)
[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\I:\aerosoft\AltaX\Texture\Texture.WI

But somehow its not working. :( Any Idea ?
Thank you for Help.

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Try this

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\..\..\aerosoft\AltaX\Texture\Texture.WI
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\..\..\aerosoft\AltaX\Texture\Texture.WI

or

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\..\..\aerosoft\AltaX\Texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\..\..\aerosoft\AltaX\Texture

Are there no pdf´s - coming with the AS Sceneries ????

Last edited:
Country
france
Hello Jeffrey :)
Just wanted to ask you if you have an idea about when will it be released. (I know someone who is waiting for the T-type) :)
and if there is another was to do this with blender? (even if its not implemented on blender, there's maybe something we can do? :)
and last, is there any plan for SODE to have services vehicle such as stairs, catering, loader, buses (like AES, but with our specific models, textures, configurations, animations)

Keep up the good work :)
ASim

Country
germany
... if there is another was to do this with blender? (even if its not implemented on blender, there's maybe something we can do? :)
and last, is there any plan for SODE to have services vehicle such as stairs, catering, loader, buses (like AES, but with our specific models, textures, configurations, animations)

I also would be interested in a SODE / Blender Tutorial. Someone did that already? (I mean SODEjetways with blender, not the tutorial :) )

Country
switzerland
Hello Jeffrey :)
Just wanted to ask you if you have an idea about when will it be released. (I know someone who is waiting for the T-type) :)
and if there is another was to do this with blender? (even if its not implemented on blender, there's maybe something we can do? :)

Keep up the good work :)
ASim

Release date: Planning for second half of September.
Blender support: Not by me unfortunately, I hope the Blender script guys here in the forum can port the max script code to blender somehow.
Ground services: No plans here. There is GSX for that.

Best regards

Country
france
thanks for reply :)
about ground services I wanted to know for specific vehicle type with special paints :)

Country
argentina
Hi Jeffrey...
So glad to see someone improving on the otherwise many weird acting jetways out there.
I have two questions...
1. Can I load up an aerosoft airport per say nad replace the jetways with these...
2. That being said... Can I mechanize an existing nicely detailed jetway that is static at present...
In other word, use the 3d blocks and add you inner workings...
Sorry a 3rd.. Do you use BMX?

Thanks!

Country
switzerland
1. Can I load up an aerosoft airport per say nad replace the jetways with these...
If you are experienced with scenery design/xml editing and the airport lets you to remove/deactivate the default jetways, then you can add SODE jetways from other sceneries.

2. That being said... Can I mechanize an existing nicely detailed jetway that is static at present...
You would need the jetway model source files for this...if you are not the author of the scenery, then it is not really possible.

BMX? What's that?

Country
france
Hi Jeffrey, I wonder wich jetway type is compatible for this:
upload_2016-9-10_18-31-53.png

you see, inclined Jetway :)

Grtz,
ASim

Bambi_007

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello Marc
A little Changes at the Model and you will have your working Model.
This Gate is not really at this Airport - it is a Exampel, because you ask for that.

Last edited:
Country
france
Thank you very much for demonstration :)

Btw, Where can I follow the development for Euroairport? :)