• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SODE objects do not appear at all at LSZG

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi Jeffery,
I am struggling on SODE. I had SODE sometimes ago in my computer and I deleted all the SODE folders inside FSX folder. I downloaded SODE v 1.4.2 and installed it. I put all the demo files in side C:\Program Files\12bPilot\SODE. I put XML file in the xml folder and put SODE_DEMO folder inside SimObjects. I got FSX running and check on the menu indicated that SODEv 1.4.2 was running. I went to LSZG and saw nothing, no jetway no other stuffs except default.
What could be wrong? I am still using Windows XP. Is that the problem?
Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Tic

Last edited:
Country
switzerland
The latest SODE is V1.5.3 https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9, so uninstall that V1.4.2 please.

The demo files need to go to C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects and C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml. Don't mix up with "Program Files"...blame Windows for the namings ;-)

At C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\log, there is a SODE.log file with lots of info. Please post that here.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Ok, I got it.
But I am not sure if I have ProgramData in WindowsXP. I will take a look tomorrow. Thanks.
I did try version 1.5.3 but it didnt install in Windows XP.

Country
switzerland
Oh wow, XP!
Quickly googled the location of ProgramData on XP and it should be \Documents and Settings\All Users\ or \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.
I have no idea if the installer puts the stuff there are not...

GHD

Country
england
There is no default ProgramData directory in XP.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I got it! I had a problem installing 1.5.3 version so I got 1.4.2 version instead. Version 1.4.2 installer put the files in ProgramFiles directory. But version 1.5.3 install on ProgramData directory.

Can v 1.5.3 be installed in Windows XP?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
OMG, it is a real problem!
I did test on my Win7 computer. Installer of 1.5.3 install on ProgramData folder by default. Then I tested on V 1.4.2, it installed on ProgramFiles. When I reinstalled 1.5.3, it became installing on ProgramFiles folder instead.

This picture is the installer V1.5.3.
You can see that it install on ProgramFiles directory.

Installer.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Oh wow, XP!
Quickly googled the location of ProgramData on XP and it should be \Documents and Settings\All Users\ or \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data.
I have no idea if the installer puts the stuff there are not...
I redirected the Installer to put the files there manually. The installer ran through the end without problem. I did register to FSX. When I opened up, still no luck, nothing was there. Even the SODE was not on the menu either. :(

May be it is the farewell of my WindowsXP.

LSZG.jpg

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I found the log file and I capture the screen shots to show you if it is in the correct directories or not.
Here is the content in log file:

Trying to detect 'FSX'
Hive: HKLM
Registry Path 64: SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
Registry Path 32: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
Key name: SetupPath
Trying Path 32...
'SetupPath' key found in 32-Bit registry -> Install Path = 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\'
Platform SimObjects file name: 'fsx.cfg'
Platform Roaming path: 'C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX'
---
Trying to detect 'FSX-SE'
Registry Path 64: SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\DovetailGames\FSX
Registry Path 32: SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX
Key name: Install_Path
Trying Path 32...
>>> ERROR: Unable to find 'Install_Path' key in Registry!
>>> ERROR: void Open
---
Trying to detect 'P3Dv2'
Registry Path 64: SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
Registry Path 32: SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
Trying Path 32...
>>> ERROR: Unable to find 'SetupPath' key in Registry!
---
Trying to detect 'P3Dv3'
Registry Path 64: SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
Registry Path 32: SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
Trying Path 32...
---
Trying to detect 'P3Dv4'
Registry Path 64: SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
Registry Path 32: SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
Trying Path 32...
---
--- END ---

SODE_installPath.jpg SODE_installPath2.jpg

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I tested on V 1.4.2 and I found that there is Add-ons> SODE 1.4.2 on the menu. But the version 1.5.3 there is nothing on the menu of FSX. Is that relevant to the problem?
I think it is not compatible to FSX in WindowsXP.

Country
switzerland
The dll and exe files in \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\12bPilot should not be there! If you point the installer to "Program Files (x86)", all those files and the folders "data", "P3Dv3" and "P3Dv4" should be in Program Files (x86)/12bPilot/SODE.

I'd uninstall V1.5.3 and check if those files are still on the "Application Data" folder. They should be gone. Otherwise just delete those files and folders
Then install V1.5.3 to Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE.

V1.5.3 was built using Microsoft Visual Studio 2015. I'd be surprised if executables wouldn't work with XP...but who knows, MS has terminated support for XP in April 2014.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Actually I did install in the ProgramFiles folder and everything was there but it didn't work. I think SODE is not compatible with WindowsXP.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I did try on another computer with Windows7 and P3Dv3. I found nothing after I put the demo files and XML to the right place, ProgramData/12bPilot. I think I might miss something that require for SODE, not the WindowsXP or Windows7 issue.
Quite a frustrating problem!

Country
malaysia
Have you tried 'Register' it in the SODE Platform Manager? I came across this issue once and it solved after I rerun the registration via SODE
Platform Manager.

SODE.JPG

Attachments

• SODE.JPG
    SODE.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 382

GHD

Country
england
After manually creating various directories, I managed to run SODE.

However, ir gave this error:

But, Simconnect (XPack) is installed:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS>dir /b *simcon*
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_1ed9da73c880e429_10.0.62615.0_x-ww_ddd7c48d
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_x-ww_35e8ee9a
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_x-ww_fb842f5a

lt also added two simobjectpaths to fsx.cfg:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=J:\!FSXAircraft
SimObjectPaths.7=J:\!AIAircraft
SimObjectPaths.8=J:\!WOAI_Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.9=J:\!FTXAI_AIRCRAFT
SimObjectPaths.10=j:\!MAIW_Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.11=j:\GAAM Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.12=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft
SimObjectPaths.13=C:\Program Files\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.14=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects

But, the one in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\12bPilot\SODE\ is empty.

The one in C:\Program Files\12bPilot\SODE\data\ contains only:SODE_DYN

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
OK, Jeffrey. I know what cause that.
I changed my FSX:AC to FSX:SE and now everything works just fine.
I think SODE works on FSX:SE, P3Dv3-4 on Windows7 up. Nothing below that works such as FSX:AC, FSX with service pack 2 together with Windows XP.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi Jeffrey,
Now, I can see your example files in LSZG. Then I tried to place your objects to my airport, ZBAA in order to understand how things work. I would like to place only animated hangar to my place.

I did copy SODE_sample.xml and rename it as ZBAA_SODE_Sample.xml and edited it. I delete all other things in the file and leave just only Amimated Hangar1. Then I changed the Model Sim Title to "12bPilot_SODE_Hangar_ZBAA" (to make it unique) and changed the coordinate to place in ZBAA. Something like this:

<SODE>

<!-- Triggerable Animation and Visibility proximity trigger based-->
<SimObject Name="Animated Hangar 1">
<Placement Lat="40.0670582623148" Lon="116.60861693547" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="264.190"/>
<Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Hangar_ZBAA">
<TriggerableVisibility Input="TextMenu" Action="Proximity,100" VisibleOnLoad="No"/>
<TriggerableAnimation Input="TextMenu" Action="Proximity,60" StartKF="0" EndKF="100" Duration="4"/>
</Model>
</SimObject>

</SODE>

Then I copy the whole folder of SODE_DEMO and rename it as SODE_DEMO_ZBAA. Inside the folder, I delete all other things except model.AnimatedHangar1, texture, and sound folders. Then I edited the sim.cfg inside this folder to have only AnimateHangar1

testSode.jpg

Then I edited the sim.cfg inside this folder to have only AnimateHangar1 to this:

[General]
Category=Viewer
Module=SODE

[fltsim.0]
title=12bPilot_SODE_Hangar_ZBAA
sim=
model=AnimatedHangar1
texture=""

Still no luck. Nothing visible in ZBAA.
Sigh!

What did I miss? Please guide me though.
If you can integrate SODE into ADE or make a program the same way ADE does, It would be so nice. I think a lot of people developing scenery are not computer guys. We would have not come this far without Lee Sword's AFCAD.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Country
switzerland
Your modifications look fine to me.

Are you within 100 meters of the object?
This sample placement does not display per default (VisibleOnLoad="No"). It only pops up when you are within 100 meters (Action="Proximity,100").
The animation itself will trigger once you are within 60 meters.

I always do a basic placement first to check if it shows up, and only then do all the conditional/trigger stuff.
Try this code, where I just commented out the TriggerableVisibility and TriggerableAnimation nodes using <!-- .... -->

XML:
<SODE>
    <!-- Triggerable Animation and Visibility proximity trigger based-->
    <SimObject Name="Animated Hangar 1">
        <Placement Lat="40.0670582623148" Lon="116.60861693547" Alt="0#AGL" Hdg="264.190"/>
        <Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Hangar_ZBAA">
            <!--<TriggerableVisibility Input="TextMenu" Action="Proximity,100" VisibleOnLoad="No"/>
            <TriggerableAnimation Input="TextMenu" Action="Proximity,60" StartKF="0" EndKF="100" Duration="4"/>-->
        </Model>
    </SimObject>
</SODE>

Country
switzerland
If you can integrate SODE into ADE or make a program the same way ADE does, It would be so nice. I think a lot of people developing scenery are not computer guys.

And not all programmers are Graphical User Interface guys...
It's not an easy task to develop a Scenery Editor from ground up. I'm still fiddling around with the Whisplacer code and it works very well for SODE Jetways, but for other conditional/trigger objects, the tool is far from finished.

Once you have built your own functional SODE placement xml with your desired functionality manually, future projects are a matter of copy-and-paste and editing coordinates. No big voodoo computing necessary!
For jetway placement, my tool will be very useful when it is released at some point in the future.
You can separate your project into 1 XML for seasonal/conditional objects and 1 XML for jetways for example, no problem.

Hang in there! Learning curve is steep, because most of the stuff is new and non-standard. But once you understand the concepts and have your own "demo", things are easy from there. :)