1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Southwest Florida International Airport

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by Chris04, 8 Apr 2016.

1. Chris04

Chris04

unitedstates
    Work has started on the airport in Ft Myers. This will be AceWindDesigns first FREEWARE scenery. It took a long time before determining if we should go through with it. So far we have a team of two guys working on the important elements of the airport.

Our goal is to make an eye popping HD scenery. With a few new features that you don't usually find in most scenery.

This project is a much more of laid back project, meaning we do not have a deadline. We are hoping to have time to experiment and try new things along the way.

If you would like to join the team click here
    (not payed)

2. scottb613

scottb613

unitedstates
    Hi Chris,

While I salute your efforts and I am certainly a huge fan of freeware - FYI - LatinVFR has KRSW - perhaps you might want to consider something we don't have ??? Either way - I'll appreciate anything you care to produce... Best of luck...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris04 likes this.
  3. Chris04

Chris04

unitedstates
    When I started work on this project back in 2015, I had not heard of LatinVFR's KRSW scenery up to that point. A few months later I heard of their release of the same airport. So after that I took a long time deciding whether to continue with the project or not. And after a few months of thinking I finally decided to go ahead with the project, because we have put so much work into it, and after hearing of the development of the new runway, I felt that it would be a great learning experience for us, and a great update for KRSW flyers. Yes it's sad, but it has lots of potential, and it's FREE!

If you have any suggestions for airports in the future please let me know. I know it's kind of early, but I want an idea in my head of what I'm going to be doing.

4. scottb613

scottb613

unitedstates
    Hi Chris,

Sounds great and totally understand - I know about blood sweat and tears invested in freeware... The initial post I took as you guys were just starting out - my apologies...

Personally - I like the Charlie's, Delta's, and uncontrolled fields that are off the beaten track a bit... It's really hard to suggest something - as I know the effort required and I know I have to be personally vested in a project to dedicate the required time... KSHD is a rather busy uncontrolled field that has lots of jet traffic in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley VA... Albany NY for a Charlie and Punta Gorda in FL for a Delta...

Best of luck !!!

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris04 likes this.
  5. Chris04

Chris04

unitedstates
    Started work on the control tower.

Control_Tower_02.png
    Control_Tower_01.png

Last edited: 10 Apr 2016
  6. ToniH

ToniH

finland
    After you have done this KRSW, can your team consider to make KPIE?

Chris04 likes this.
  7. Chris04

Chris04

unitedstates
    KPIE :scratchch

Good suggestion, I really like flying into PIE, but I wish there was a scenery for it. I will put this under serious consideration. Any other suggestions?

8. 737guy

737guy

us-texas
    Would you consider KFXE? I know it's just an executive/GA airport.

Chris04 likes this.
  9. Chris04

Chris04

unitedstates
    We will do any airport that the majority wants(Except maybe a big airport like KORD, or EGLL, we will leave that to the professionals.) So we are totally not ruling out KFXE:)

10. PatrickZ

PatrickZ

netherlands
    May I suggest KPVD? It's a rather large airport altough not huge and as far as I know there's no good scenery for it.

11. Tekica123

Tekica123

macedonia
  12. scottb613

scottb613

unitedstates
    Yep - sorely miss Vauchez's most excellent FS9 KPVD Flight Zone 1 !!! KPVD would be high on my list as well...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk