• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Spaceflight dynamics module for FSX

Country
ca-ontario
What do you mean by "It will be able to pick up the launch platform, launch tower and the rocket stack, and transport it to the launch pad"?

does it means we will be eble to watcg the rocked going to the launch area? our drive it ourselve? or anything else? I'm a bit confused here (because yes, I would love to drive it :D)
It means exactly what it says ;) Our physics setup has the ability to have vehicles with hydraulic platforms that can lift other things and carry them. The workflow will be: You build the rocket in VAB, command Crawler Transporter to come in and pick it up, and carry it to the launch pad. The driving will be automatic - on a predetermined path. And reeeeallllyyyyy slow, just like the real thing. We could implement the driving model, but since in real life this is done automatically, we don't quite see the point. And yes, we plan to have crew in hard hats walking around, and a water truck spraying the water on the crawlerway to prevent the dust.

Country
france
Our physics setup has the ability to have vehicles with hydraulic platforms that can lift other things and carry them
You definitely making a great jod there!!!

The workflow will be: You build the rocket in VAB, command Crawler Transporter to come in and pick it up, and carry it to the launch pad
I don't know why, this is what I wished for after I saw the crawler model :D but will we still be able to have the Launcher ready for lift off on the pad? (some people might not want to wait for that long haha)

I guess that it would also allow the possibility if having the Shuttle Carrier? (empty plane, watching the crane putting the Space Shuttle on the plane at Edwards, fly it to Cape Canaveral and watch it being removed? (or am I just dreaming? but I this that if this is planned, it xould be also done for MSFS, no altitude restrictions for that ;))

Talking about the Shuttle Carrier, it would be amazing to be able to attach Satellite payload to plane too :D (Here if French Guiana, they come with 747F and/or AN124, PMDG bight to the 747 so its amazing!) watching them loading/unloading

on a predetermined path. And reeeeallllyyyyy slow, just like the real thing
well, will it at least be able to run while flying something else? (making random flight anywhere else, or flying a Jet, GA or Helis around and watch the rocket moving

We could implement the driving model, but since in real life this is done automatically
Watched the video yesterday, the Crawler is driven by human :D (same here in French Guiana :p). At least, can I have the Crawler in MSFS already? no need of high altitude for it hahaha :p

And yes, we plan to have crew in hard hats walking around, and a water truck spraying the water on the crawlerway to prevent the dust
Better than Orbiter or any Space Sim !!!!, damn too bad I don't have P3D.

I have a few other question if you don't mind :)

-Will it Allow Multiplayer?
Capsule, but also on the ground, one driving the crawler, another driving the water truck, another is helicoper to tell if everything is good etc

-Will the Object be persistant?
Will the object stay where I left them if I closed the sim? (After I moved the rocked from VAB to Pad, will it stay there?, or will it even be able to move when user is offline? and Most Important is about Orbiting Object, I don't know how it'll work, will the objects orbit the Earth "by default" or will have to insert them? and so, how to plan a launch window/rendez-vous to the Space Station? and after that, next day, to deorbit the capsule, will it be when it is supposed to be after 24h of orbit?
If you understand what I mean?

Country
ca-ontario
I don't know why, this is what I wished for after I saw the crawler model :D but will we still be able to have the Launcher ready for lift off on the pad? (some people might not want to wait for that long haha)
No - since it is a REALISTIC simulator, we will make user wait for 5 hours as the crawler transports the rocket to the launch pad :laughing: Kidding! Of course -User will have an option to skip the transfer - OR - there is a speed up function in the simulator that goes up to 128x time compression, so the trip will last about 2 minutes and 20 seconds.
I guess that it would also allow the possibility if having the Shuttle Carrier? (empty plane, watching the crane putting the Space Shuttle on the plane at Edwards, fly it to Cape Canaveral and watch it being removed? (or am I just dreaming? but I this that if this is planned, it xould be also done for MSFS, no altitude restrictions for that ;))
Talking about the Shuttle Carrier, it would be amazing to be able to attach Satellite payload to plane too :D (Here if French Guiana, they come with 747F and/or AN124, PMDG bight to the 747 so its amazing!) watching them loading/unloading
Well - no. Since this is a spaceflight simulator, we are concentrating on space flight. Attaching objects to FSX-controlled aircraft is possible but it would be on a very very very low priority.
well, will it at least be able to run while flying something else? (making random flight anywhere else, or flying a Jet, GA or Helis around and watch the rocket moving
Yes, that will be possible.
Watched the video yesterday, the Crawler is driven by human :D (same here in French Guiana :p). At least, can I have the Crawler in MSFS already? no need of high altitude for it hahaha :p
No, the crawler is automatically driven, but monitored by a human. Actually, a lot of humans - a whole team, overseeing everything.
Better than Orbiter or any Space Sim !!!!, damn too bad I don't have P3D.
Get one!!! :)
-Will it Allow Multiplayer?
Capsule, but also on the ground, one driving the crawler, another driving the water truck, another is helicoper to tell if everything is good etc
We haven't tested it, but it should work. Our objects are "normal" FSX objects, except they are not under FSX positioning control.

-Will the Object be persistant?
Will the object stay where I left them if I closed the sim? (After I moved the rocked from VAB to Pad, will it stay there?, or will it even be able to move when user is offline? and Most Important is about Orbiting Object, I don't know how it'll work, will the objects orbit the Earth "by default" or will have to insert them? and so, how to plan a launch window/rendez-vous to the Space Station? and after that, next day, to deorbit the capsule, will it be when it is supposed to be after 24h of orbit?
If you understand what I mean?
Good question, and the answer is YES. We will be saving a special file where persistant objects will be stored. So, you will be able to launch something, and that something will be in orbit next time you enter the sim (provided you entered the sim on the date and time AFTER orbit insertion of the object). Their position will depend on the date and time (in the past, present or future) the user enters the sim and it will be calculated from orbital parameters. If you enter the sim in the past, before the mission to launch the object, the object will, of course not exist in the orbit.
Some historical objects, like Skylab for example, will have their "natural" historical life span, (for Skylab from 1973 to 1979) so if you don't interfere, it will be removed in 1979. Imagine assembling a mission to boost the Skylab into higher orbit and saving it from destruction :cool:

Last edited:
Country
france
No - since it is a REALISTIC simulator, we will make user wait for 5 hours as the crawler transports the rocket to the launch pad :laughing: Kidding! Of course -User will have an option to skip the transfer - OR - there is a speed up function in the simulator that goes up to 128x time compression, so the trip will last about 2 minutes and 20 seconds.
Amen 🙏
Well - no. Since this is a spaceflight simulator, we are concentrating on space flight. Attaching objects to FSX-controlled aircraft is possible but it would be on a very very very low priority
Well, it was Worth Asking anyway :D
Yes, that will be possible.
That is amazing! Now Avoinding Airpaces for real reasons (Transfer or even Launch? :p) when Flying an Airliner
No, the crawler is automatically driven, but monitored by a human. Actually, a lot of humans - a whole team, overseeing everything.
Hmmm, you know more than me, I'll trust you ;)
Get one!!! :)
MSFS is my Wife, I can't Cheat :rotfl: More seriously, I even had to Uninstalled FSX to get more disk space, I am on MSFS only (I wish everynight that MS increases the Altitude limite lol)

Country
france
We haven't tested it, but it should work. Our objects are "normal" FSX objects, except they are not under FSX positioning control.
Ahhh so yep, should work indeed

Good question, and the answer is YES. We will be saving a special file where persistant objects will be stored. So, you will be able to launch something, and that something will be in orbit next time you enter the sim (provided you entered the sim on the date and time AFTER orbit insertion of the object). Their position will depend on the date and time (in the past, present or future) the user enters the sim and it will be calculated from orbital parameters. If you enter the sim in the past, before the mission to launch the object, the object will, of course not exist in the orbit.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE YOU MISHO !!!!!!
Some historical objects, like Skylab for example, will have their "natural" historical life span, (for Skylab from 1973 to 1979) so if you don't interfere, it will be removed in 1979. Imagine assembling a mission to boost the Skylab into higher orbit and saving it from destruction :cool:
OHHHH It Will Be Possible???????

ASOBO/MS, FIX THE LIMITATION NOW !!!!!! lol sorry

Keep going Misho, You are doing an Incredible Job !!!!!