1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Start Point

Discussion in 'Airport Design General' started by patrick, 10/7/05.

1. patrick

patrick

australia
    Hello all,my question is this ,how do i get the starting point for the aircraft on my new rwy ,i started the airport with AFCAD then moved on to FSSC for the design but cannot cfg the rwy start point ie the active,cannot do parking yet as only done rwy.thanks Pat. :)
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi,

To make start positions that appear in the goto airport menu, you will have to use AFCAD2 (or write the XML code yourself). FSSC is only able to make start location that appear in the "Addon scenery" section of the goto airport menu (that is using Fs5/Fs98 style commands).
  3. patrick

patrick

australia
    Thanks Arno, i went back to AFCAD opened file then went to 'insert start' put view to where i could put my co-0rdinates easily for the start of rwy 31 but still getting the exact same location off to the left in line with rwy facing across no 31 end,approx 800ft. I only use AFCAD for the FS9 files for start airport then FSSC for rwy as flatten exclude in AFCAD sorta confuses me,i have every airport design known to man bought and freeware and these two are the only ones i can follow to an extent it is just the start pos,i suppose if AFCAD never made the rwy it is a little hard for to create a star point!!? :alert: :scratchch
  4. patrick

patrick

australia
    Well i deleted all the FSSC stuff and did solely AFCAD which is easier but is there a tool to flatten exclude or we just go the hard way with XML,regards pat.
  5. patrick

patrick

australia
    I made another rwy utilising AFCAD and this was great to design but the rwy stayed above ground even when i used FSFlatten,plusses were start point no worries, light rwy markings no worries,i quite like AFCAD for design but is frustrating for exclude and flatten. The FSSC is okay and the exclude and flatten is terrific to use but i need to learn how to do the XMl for start point could i be pointed to the right area please i have all of SDK etc just need to know where to start coding,i will not give up on this as i find it interesting,just seems to me when you are learning there are areas at odds with each other,i suppose twisting around them all i will learn soon enough,thanks Pat. :scratchch
  6. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

AFCAD can not do flattens and excludes indeed. For the flattens I would suggest FsFlatten (seems you already found it :)). For the excludes you could give ExcBuilder a try, it gives you a nice interface to create them. Or else you can also write them in XML directly without too much trouble.

If you flatten is not working, are you sure you used the correct altitude? When you measure the altitude in FS it is the RefPoint of the aircraft, not the ground. For the Cessna this gives a difference of about 4 feet.
  7. patrick

patrick

australia
    XML seems the way to go now and in the future,when you say not too much worries depends on where we are standinglol.i have all the SDK ,bgl compiler,i just do not know where to start sir,these are the co-ordinates for my start pos(is this typed in notebook!?)

S32*19.58'E142*24.56' Alt MSL240ft with the AFCAD rwy i start underneath,with the FSSC i start Probaly the centre of the airport and can you direct me to a good xml tutorial please much appreciated for your time and expertise,i will get it eventually,regards Patrick. :scratchch
  8. patrick

patrick

australia
    string literal was expected, but no opening quote character was found. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents an...

<xml version=1.0=?.encoding=ISO-8859-1"?>
    -------------^
    This was the error code i do not know enough to see what is wrong,help please.below is the format i used but am getting closer i think,hmmmm.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
    <FSData version="9.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd" /> <Start type="RUNWAY"
    lat="32.1958
    lon="-142.2455
    alt="240.000
    heading="130.
    number="13"
    designator="NONE"/></FSData>

This is to start my Aircraft from rwy 31 in the go to airport side of things could you possibly run the red ink over it please,an trying to follow your tutorial but somethings of terminology are foriegn,thanks Patrick. :yellowfla
  9. arno

netherlands
    Hi Patrick,

That code looks correct I would say. I don't have the encoding attribute in most of my files, but I doubt that is the problem.

BUT I think the <Start command is not allowed like this, I think it should be inside an <Airport command to be valid.
  10. patrick

patrick

australia
    K mate, could you give me an example please with those parameters or are there examples in the SDK will have a look regards Patrick.
  11. arno

netherlands
    Hi,

The SDK lists all the commands and their parameters. I don't really have an example of this in XML code, because I usually use AFCAD2 or SceneGenX as a GUI to create such BGL files.
  12. patrick

patrick

australia
    From what i can gather xml is a describing code and i will need to learn how to put it in its context,no use going on with SCASM even though it may well be converted in the next FS,time and patience whilst i learn this will bring results in the long run not short term,thanks for your help. Regards Patrick. :greenflag