1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Status of user's flight

Discussion in 'SimConnect' started by Chrisoft-Dev, 10/1/07.

1. Chrisoft-Dev

Chrisoft-Dev

france
    Hello all,

I didn't try yet in my C++ Simconnect program, but is it possible to retrieve status of User's flight (not AI Traffic)? Like Takeoff, landing, taxi, waiting, etc...

Because I saw this enum : AI UNIT MODE
    One of:
    0: Sleep
    1: Zombie
    2: Waypoint
    3: Takeoff
    4: Landing
    5: Taxi
    6: Working
    7: Waiting.

Regards,

Chris.
  2. lc0277

lc0277

france
    Well, to know the status of user's flight, you will need to plug simconnect into user's mind :D ;)

Basically, there is nothing in the sim that can distinguish between taxiing and takeoff for instance. You can guess with some heuristics (based on ground surface type, altitude above ground, speed, rpm, etc), but it's not reliable.
    There is a status flag in the ATC subsystem, concerning procedures and all taxi/takeoff/course phases. But again since user can disobey to ATC, it would be only a guess. Moreover simconnect provides absolutely no insights into ATC internals, so you will need to do some hacking.
  3. Chrisoft-Dev

Chrisoft-Dev

france
    Thanks for the reply :)

Well recently for my program, I use the methods to request informations (ground, speed, and more) to know the status of flight step by step (from startup to shutdown on checklist). Of course, it's not reliable but it's the best way.

Really? what is the solution?

Anyelse, If someone knows how to "hack" ATC, it could be useful for me.

Regards,

Chris