1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STxxxxxx.bgl and HLxxxxxx.bgl edition

Discussion in 'Ground2k4, SBuilder, SBuilderX' started by pierrot1951, 7/10/06.

1. pierrot1951

pierrot1951

france
    Hello
    I created modifications for coastline in south of Madagascar with CostLineMaker; all works ok, but it's only a "bgl-patch" thet covers and hides the old coastline. In LWMViewer, I can see the different files, the new one I created, and the original ST960400 and HL960400; is it possible to directly edit these files, to modify existing points?
    Thanks for help ; Pierrot - FMEP
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Pierot,

It is not adviced to edit default files directly. If everybody starts doing that, we will have dozens of versions of the same file in the end.

It is better to make an exclude for what you want to remove and then recreate it in a new BGL file.
  3. pierrot1951

pierrot1951

france
    Thanks for answer; ok for the reasons to keep the original fs9 files. It was just because I wonder if it would be better for fps, wieth "clean" files, than with many patches? It's the solution for some airports for Greece (Hellas Project), which replaces original fs9 files (for coast).
    However, for personal use, what tools allow to edit these files?
    Pierrot - FMEP
  4. HolgerSandmann

HolgerSandmann Resource contributor

ca-britishcolumbia
    Hi Pierrot,

SBuilder seems the easiest tool for that because it has a graphical interface (you can also decompile the default files with Jim's LWMViewer, manually edit them, and then recompile with BGLC.exe). SBuilder is available here: http://www.ptsim.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=18

It allows you to append both your compiled G2K4 files and the corresponding default LOD5 files so you can "carve holes" into the default files in the overlap area.

Cheers, Holger