1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion: comment line

Discussion in 'Library Creator XML' started by Vora, 4/10/07.

1. Vora

Vora

germany
    Hi Arno,
    the Library Creator XML works lile a charm, thanks a lot.
    A helpful addition would be to have the possibility to insert a comment line for object specific data.
    An example: currently I create a ship library where I use a couple of FS9 ships with helipad. Unfortunately those helipads don't work in FSX so I manually have to add a "hardened surface" object with those ships. It would be convenient if I had the ship helipad data (size, altitude, relative position) stored in the Library Converter file for quick reference (like it's already done with the GUID).

BTW: is there a tool to convert aircraft mdl to scenery mdl? In old FS2002 days there was MDLtoBGL but I assume with FSX it doesn't work anymore...

Regards,

Volker
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Volker,

In FsX there is no difference between aircraft and scenery MDL files anymore. So I don't think a conversion would be needed.

About the suggestion. I'll take a look at that. The only problem with comment lines might be that it can be hard to figure out to which XML ModelData tag they belong, but I guess I could just assume the comment before the tag should be shown with that one.