1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surface Areas Tool

Discussion in 'Airport Design General' started by mtom, 17/1/05.

1. mtom

mtom

australia
    Hey there.

Was wondering whether anyone might be able to point me in the direction of a tool that creates rotateable surface areas - ie, a tool that hardens surfaces which can be rotated (and moved and adjusted for size) - for FS2K2. The surface areas in AFW do not rotate and FSSC facility does not create a hardened area.

I tried the FSSC forum on the surface area question, but have not got any reply. Thought you guys might have soime ideas :)

It'd be ideal if the surface hardening would correspond with the bituman taxiways so that you'd hit the rough if you left the taxiway, as you do in real life, rather that having the whole airfield hardened in this manner.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Cheers,
    Matthew.
  2. arno

arno Administrator Staff Member FSDevConf team Resource contributor

netherlands
    Hi Matthew,

Are you looking for a platform (hard area) or for the surface type of the ground?

In the last case you could use the technique used by my Bumpy tool. It sets the SurfaceType for the total area, but also checks if you are inside the polygon needed to enable it or not. That way you can make smooth taxiways, while the grass around can remain bumpy. Is that the kind of thing you are looking for?
  3. mtom

mtom

australia
    Bumby Tool

Arno, your a legend mate.

Sounds perfect. Just downloading it now. Can't wait to put into action.

Cheers,
    Matthew.