• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v2 T-346A

SixGhost

Resource contributor
Country
italy
Not the same angle cause I didn't save the camera position, but you should get the idea. For some strange reason an object doesn't have the wireframe superimposed, I broke Max! :D

rear_pit_wire.jpg

Ronald

Resource contributor
This looks stunning and indeed very inspiring to get better in modeling myself Luca!
Questions:
- What modeling program do your use Luca?
- What type of modeling reference materials are you using?
- How many hours have you put into this model (give or take a couple of hours)

SixGhost

Resource contributor
Country
italy
- 3dsMax
- diagrams when possible, LOTS of photos for everything else (from the internet, brochures, university/industry stuff and some from a test pilot)
- countless, probably nearing or over 1k hours. Modeling is just the tip of the iceberg, there's a massive job of comparing, studying and understanding the material on hand behind it.

Last edited:

hairyspin

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Cup holders in such a frisky little jet would be as handy as in a Formula One car. And as likely to spill yore coffee, as any fule kno.

JB3DG

Resource contributor
Country
southafrica
I think the excitement of flying the jet itself would generate enough of a buzz....

SixGhost

Resource contributor
Country
italy
Front right consolle is done. It's missing only small details and the electric actuator for the canopy which will be done at a later stage.
In the middle of a clean up pass I discoverd some of the mesh had somewhat inherited a different scale. Turned out a lot of pieces were affected and a good amount of time was spent fixing the mess. I almost cried.

BTW, exactly 5 years ago cockpit_00 was first saved, now it's cockpit_331.:yikes:

front_right_consolle.jpg

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
That is some awesome work, and that little coiled cord is really spiffy! :cool:

SixGhost

Resource contributor
Country
italy
That is without counting 148 iterations for the old external and 54 for the new one, Tom. I feel I'm well on my way to reach that number!:D

Thanks Bill! Sure is spiffy but for the life of me I couldn't find a way to maintain the same radius of the cord throughout the coils. Once my helix was lofted to the main path it all went south.:banghead:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Thanks Bill! Sure is spiffy but for the life of me I couldn't find a way to maintain the same radius of the cord throughout the coils. Once my helix was lofted to the main path it all went south.:banghead:
Be thankful you don't have to bone-animate it! The KingAir 350i yokes have a coiled cord running from the main panel to the yokes and had to be bone-animated. That was a stone cold b*tch to get working more or less properly! :rotfl:

SixGhost

Resource contributor
Country
italy
Hey Sergio, what have you been up to lately? Showroom forum without a thread of yours is not the same!

Country
mexico
Hey Sergio, what have you been up to lately? Showroom forum without a thread of yours is not the same!

After seeing your outstanding work, mine would be a "stain" in this brilliant website. Unfortunately, things are going slowly in my side... lack of inspiration I guess. On the other side, doing some basic coding for some gauges. Thanks for your kind words and hopefully, I will have something worth to show to you soon.

Keep up the amazing work my friend.
All the best,
Sergio.
:D