1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tail draggers go berserk and drive off.

Discussion in 'Modeling' started by ccartmel, 12/1/08.

1. ccartmel

ccartmel

unitedkingdom
    Not sure where to ask this as this relates to add-on aircraft designed and distributed freely to the FS community.

I 'fly' from a busy airport with about 60% of the GA ramps in use. On most occasions when I 'fire-up' there are a few Piper Cubs and a Stinson Voyager on the apron. After a few seconds some start moving and just drive off into the distance although some occasionally stop. Another strange behaviour is that the Cub when 'started' seems to lose it's route and wanders aimlessly around in circles for a bit, then taxies out and takes off normally. I have no circular apron routes.
    Also the Stinson sometimes sits on the apron horizontal rather than tailwheel down, but stationary.

Have not a clue where to look as aircraft.cfg files seem to be OK although accuracy of the data therein cannot be checked.

Any ideas.
    Last edited: 12/1/08
  2. Golf-HotelDelta

Golf-HotelDelta

unitedkingdom
    Taildraggers are notorious for very poor steering. You could try changing the maximum steering angle of the tailwheel in the contact points section of aircraft.cfg.

George

ps. This is not a modelling problem per se, the post should be in ADE/FSXP topics.
  3. ccartmel

ccartmel

unitedkingdom
    possible tweak

George,
    thanks for this thought. Will try it tomorrow.