1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tallinn 2006

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by sk699, 27/4/06.

1. sk699

sk699

estonia
    Hello guys
    We started this project more than a year ago. Still there is a lot to do but hopefully it will be finished by the end of summer.
    So what will it include?:

* Photoreal Tallinn and it's surroundings.
    * Custom autogen according to the photoreal ground. Custom houses in Lasnamäe, Mustamäe and Õismäe area.
    * Ülemiste airport with new buildings.
    * Apron with handmade textures.
    * Moving gates according to the aircraft type, no need to set any frequencies on the NAV radios. (actigate system)
    * Groundhandling equipment around the aircraft (engaged by parkingbrake)
    * Docking system on all gates.
    * Custom made approach lighting.
    * Night lighting for the whole apron and all buildings.
    * Framerate friendly models and LOD's have been created
    * + some other features

A little overview clip of the scenery:
    http://www.estvacc.net/t2006/Klipp.wmv

And some pictures

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Don't know where Estonia is?
    http://www.visitestonia.com/

Attached Files:

Last edited: 27/4/06
  2. Enzo

Enzo

great shots !

Hi sk699 !

Wow - looks great ! Especially your custom autogen-Textures are super. I think this will be a very good scenery !

Would you publish the autogen-Textures before the scenery ?
    I am working on the Real Germany 1-3 sceneries and i am programming a tool called Autogen-Randomizer.
    This is a tool where you can change the agn-files for autogen with a set of autogen-textures. It will enhance photosceneries when people did not use custom textures but only ms-standard autogen textures. I have 10 textures now and looking still for more. The more textures the better it will look ;-)
    Ok - but first thanks for your nice screenshots and good luck for your further work .

Greetz from germany -

Enzo
  3. bpahe

bpahe

sweden
    Hi!

Great news from across the Baltic! Looks really nice! Now, the question - what technique did you guys use to get the running light as seen in the movie! Just curious to know... Looking forward to try this scenery!

/hans
  4. Shagster22

Shagster22

netherlands
    Excellent work there! :eek:
    Whoa, that vid is awesome! I love the evil jetways :p !
    But very nice animations there, I LOVE that running light as well, very nice work!
    Do the vehicles animate or just appear? are they also actigate triggered? And how did you animate that part of the jetway that "sucks" on to the aircraft, because I know that gmax won't allow polygon animation....very well done!
    Keep up the good work!
    Last edited: 27/4/06
  5. raimo

raimo

estonia
    Hi all

The running light is simply a gmax animation of an invisible box with a light attached to it. The box is position to the poles on different frames.

Vehicles only appear/disappear and are actigate triggered (as with the gates). The "sucking" part of jetway is simply positioning the gate at the right angle and it actually moves a little bit into the plane fuselage. The end result looks like the jetway has taken the shape of the side of the plane.

Enzo, I will send you the textures when I get to my "scenery design" computer. They are actually three three sets of custom autogen houses, each for different part of the town. So when flying over different parts of the town you will see autogen houses distinctive to that area.

This forum and Arno's tools have been a great help making this scenery so thank you all for your help! ;)

BR,
    Raimo
  6. Georg Aubele

Georg Aubele

germany
    Nice work! My VA (WTA on VATSIM) was in Tallinn a few days ago - excellent controllers! :cool:
  7. Enzo

Enzo

hi

Hi again,

thank you - that are good news ! My eMail-Adress is

good_old_enzo@gmx.de

I will mention your copyrights of course in the readme of my program - that is for sure !

Looking forward for your scenery - good luck.

Greetz from Stuttgart / Germany,

Enzo
  8. sk699

sk699

estonia
    Thanks for the kind words guys
    I will update those screenshots when somehting new is created/added
  9. Enzo

Enzo

Hi,

thx very much for the textures - my prog is nearly ready now and i will use the textures to integrate them in a new blda.bmp ;-)

Thx again and cu -

Enzo
  10. sk699

sk699

estonia
    Some additional screenshots:
    There are many things to be added and updated, so these pics do not show the final scenery.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  11. Scannor

Scannor

norway
    Impressive!

Just a quick question. The markings on apron, did you use Gmax to create them?
  12. sk699

sk699

estonia
    Hello guys
    We are in beta
    You may expect the release pretty soon. :)

And as for the question, yes the apron is made with gmax
  13. sk699

sk699

estonia