1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tanker 910 repaint

Discussion in 'Showroom' started by gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com, 6/1/08.

1. gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

us-california
    I am sure most of you are familiar with the DC-10 air tanker that has been used the last couple of years to fight wildfires in California. When I first saw it I knew I wanted one for my fleet. Well thanks to the gift of FS Repaint V2 from my better half I now have one. It lacks the belly tank of its inspiration but I hope to add it later. The repaint is based on the BGA DC-10 model from the Swiss Air 3 pack by Jonathan Stewart, Remo Eugster and Robby Pauletto of HOUSE-RP.

Once I got it to this point I had to fly it :D. I can't wait to build a few fire fighting missions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: 6/1/08
  2. meshman

meshman

withdrawn.
    Last edited: 29/6/09
  3. gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

us-california
    Indeed Lance, those guys have nerves of steels and balls of brass!

Did you see the damage to the left wing from clipping several trees in June 2007? Talk about a close call!

[​IMG]
  4. gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

gimpdaddyrob@gmail.com

us-california
    Link to the texture!!

I think I'm done tweaking it for now. I changed to a redder hue on the "fire orange" paint and added some small details. I want to build some missions for her and finish my CGASSD scenery project, then maybe I'll try my hand at modeling a belly tank for her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've uploaded the texture and instructions in a .rar file to a Box.net account at the following link:

http://www.box.net/shared/jibkdt400o

You need to have the FSX Swissair Douglas DC-10-30/ER model. If you don't already have it you can get it here from flyawaysimulation.com:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads-file-1815-details.html

Its available other places as well... been around forever.
    Last edited: 11/1/08